Sunday, August 4, 2019

Sunday Sketch with Kira



Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with your Sunday Sketch.  Here's a look at our sketch for today:


And here's my take on the sketch:



I love scrapbooking in 8.5x11, so it's always a fun challenge to take a 12x12 sketch and convert it to a smaller size.  I started by choosing my photo(s).  I had taken a really great photo of my son at the park the other week, and printed it at 4x6 in color.  But I loved the photo so much, that for the second photo on the page, I printed it at 2x2 in B&W.



Since I had some "white space" in my photo to the right of my son, I decided to flip the sketch.  It just made more sense, visually, to do it this way.  Next I started pulling papers from both the Life Crafted kit and the Add-On kit...but there were seriously so many good choices, that I didn't end up using half of what I had pulled!  I ended up backing my large photo with a pink paper from the LC kit and adding some layers with some aqua/teal papers.



I pulled in some of the teal to the top of my page, and love that the sketch called for two different papers up there, because I would have never attempted the look on my own, but it seriously looks so cool!  I also used a strip of the teal paper to ground my title (title was in the Add-On kit).  I added some stitching for some additional texture.



Instead of a strip of paper at the bottom of my page, I fussy cut around some florals of the pink/yellow paper and layered on the bottom left side of my page.  I also added a piece of the fussy cut paper below my title.



I finished off the layout by embellishing with cork stickers (LC kit), vellum stickers (LC kit), acetate die cut (LC kit) and some ribbon from my stash.

I can't wait to see how you use this sketch!  Make sure to post in our Facebook group, or tag us on Instagram!

Kira


No comments:

Post a Comment