Sunday, August 11, 2019

Sunday Sketch with Emma



Hello friends!  Emma on the blog today with this weeks Sunday Sketch (my favourite!).  First up lets have a look at the fun sketch I had to work with this month:



As always my page is downsized to fit in my Life Crafted album (it's the only size I work with these days!) and here's what I came up with:



I loved the original sketch but I thought it might be fun to deconstruct it a little and put my own spin on it.  Instead of having clusters of papers under my photo I've made the whole layout a big cluster using 3 layers (white on pattern paper on white again!).  I also mixed up the designated title area by adding in a few paints, rainbow pattern of course, and used one of the layered stickers as a title instead.


I absolutely adore the lemon pattern paper included in the Life Crafted kit this month (I mean is is not a perfect paper for Citrus Twist?!) - the yellow is the prettiest and makes such a lovely backdrop for my rainbow themed layout.


I've been trying to break out of my norm and add something different to my pages lately - the paints are that.  It's nothing ground breaking but paints are not something I usually use but it was such a simple way to tie in with the rainbow pattern in my photo.  And double-bonus that the Rainbow Roux Epoxy Stickers (JilliBean) from this month's Scrapbook Add-on kit could match with it!

Super happy how it finished up and although it's not a copy of the sketch - it was fun taking parts of it and changing it for my page!



Thanks for joining me on the blog today - I hope you have fun working with this weeks sketch and I can't wait to see your take on it.  Be sure to share in our Facebook Fanpage or tag us on Instagram!

Take care, Emma xo


No comments:

Post a Comment