Monday, August 12, 2019

Hello, More of This With Patricia


Hello CTK friends!  This is the first full week of back to school and back to ballet classes, BUT so thankful to have the memories of Summer and a way to document and remember using the August Chasing Rainbows Life Crafted kit for my 6x8 pocket spread today.


To start my spread, I started with the full 6x8 side.  The papers in the Life Crafted album come already sized, so all I had to do was pick a paper from the kit to use as my background.  Next, I selected the Free Boho Heart Subscriber cut file.  As you get your monthly subscription, these exclusives really complement the kits beautifully.  I loved the look of the clouds paper with the Boho Heart.


I sized it just a tad smaller to fit my 6x8 background and then I tilted it, and added the acrylic, white Hello from the kit to look as though it was part of it.  Then I detail cut some flowers from more papers, and added some of the embellishments over and under it from the kit.  The "there is sun behind the clouds" is part of the pattern paper background, so I worked around that as well.  I really wanted to use more of the clear embellishments from the kit including the die cuts and the vellum tape stickers.  I also combined a sentiment from the stamp set with the Life Crafted kit and a sentiment from the Oh, Happy Day Stamp set onto labels I trimmed from the 4x6 card from the kit to layer over my photo and tuck right under one of the feathers.


Love the look of layering the vellum tape stickers with the acetate die cuts!  I just wanted a something light here, and was perfect.


My right side uses two 3x4 pockets and a 4x6 pocket.  I balanced this side with the left using the same soft colors, but with the slight pop of color from the acetate die cuts from the kit.  Using a 3x4 card from the kit, I layered the acetate die cuts over the ampersand from the design, it peeks through a bit, but I loved how the 'you' and 'me' banners flow from either side.  I layered a cork embellishment from the kit on top and used an ampersand from the add-on kit in July.


I have one full 3x4 photo next to that, so I printed a smaller photo for the 4x6 pocket to use with one of the 4x6 cards from the kit, added the "Chasing Rainbows" from the kit stamp set, which is so awesome in its retro detail, another cork and acetate die cut to frame my photo and typed journaling. It repeats the same products, colors, and feel of my left page and top pockets.


Hope you are enjoying your kit either in your Life Crafted album, in your larger pocket pages, or your larger scrapbook pages!  Please continue to share in our Facebook group.  Happy Creating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment