Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Pocket Life Challenge With Theresa | 2019 Album Week 25



Hello Lovelies, Theresa here with you today for my last blog post as a part of this amazing design team! I have a Pocket Life Challenge for you today and, in the interest of keeping it simple and manage-able, I have just one challenge:

USE YOUR FAVORITES!!!!

I know, I know, the Citrus Twist kits are so incredibly gorgeous each month it is hard to pick favorites, and oh so easy to tuck it all away in our drawers as if we are holding onto a big secret! Well, consider this your intervention to use the products in your kit that make you want to save (hoard) them. I encourage you each month when your kits arrive, take everything out and pay attention to the products that catch your eye! As inspiration I am going to share my personal favorites from the Chasing Rainbows Kit and how I have used them in this layout today.





1. Puffy Alphabet stickers!

Who is with me on the eternal love of puffy stickers? I cannot get enough of them. For my title/date card on this layout I used the alphabet stickers to spell out the week number. Even if you don't have numbers in an alphabet set, I challenge you to use those puffy stickers anyway!



2. Stamp sets!

Let's go ahead and admit we are addicted to the amazing stamp sets from Citrus Twist, right? They are so gorgeous and incredibly use-able, and best of all you can use them over and over again. Stamps are a basic supply staple, so let's pull those out and use them! I especially love when a particular photo + a stamp merge into the perfect marriage, like in this photo I took of a storm we had. I snapped a shot of the rainbow that was part of this dramatic storm and stamped the word sentiment from the Life Crafted stamp set to call your attention to this beautiful photo.




3. Chipboard Sets!

Chipboard is perfect for adding just a bit of dimension to our pages, and the tiny circles in this month's kit are the perfect size for pockets! These chipboard pieces also repeat the color palette of mint, pink, and gold on this layout, which leads your eye to certain points across the page.



Notice also on the journal card above how I used the Chasing Rainbows stamp set to create journaling lines down the left side of the card. And that leads to my next favorite thing:

4. Acrylic Words!

These are addictive and the Hello word in this month's kit is was just begging to be used on top of the blue skies patterned paper! How magical is this!



5. Transparent elements!

This month's kit contained an entire pack of transparent pieces and my heart stood still a little bit! I love see-through elements on any page, layout, or album, and these are beautiful. For the filler card below I cut one leaf a bit so it fit in with the larger floral. I then used my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher to staple it into place. 




Bonus Favorite pictured above: Cork Stickers!

There are so many favorite pieces in each kit every month and I hope this layout has inspired you to get them down onto a layout today! Thank you so much for having me on this most fantastic design team and for allowing me to inspire you! When you create your beautiful pages this month, please share them with us and tag us so we can all see! Happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment