Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Meet our August Guest Designer - SHEREE FORCIER




We are so happy to share our August 2019 Guest Designer with you all, meet the immensely talented, SHEREE FORCIER!   We are huge fans of Sheree's clean and simple style and are always amazed at her story telling style.   Cannot wait to show you what she has created.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GET TO KNOW SHEREE

Hi everyone!  My name is Sheree Forcier and I live on the sunny Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia.  My husband is my high school sweetheart.  We’ve been together for 29 years and have three fantastic kids. They’re all now in high school as of this year and are growing up way too fast!
I love everything about memory keeping and playing with pretty papery things is probably my favourite thing to do!  My scrapbooking style is fairly simple, clean and minimalist.  I love white space and enjoy mixing it up with using different formats of scrapping so I’ll regularly swap between layouts, traveler’s notebook spread and pocket pages.  I feel so lucky to be on some wonderful creative teams right now including Felicity Jane, Kerri Bradford Studio and Retro Hip Magazine…and I’m so excited to be guest designing for Citrus Twist Kits this month!


Q&A with SHEREE


•When did you start scrapbooking?  
I’ve always loved pretty pens and papers since I was a little girl, but I wasn’t introduced to scrapbooking until my first son was born in 2002.  My Mum was (and still is) a card maker back then and suggested I give scrapbooking a go because I wanted to document all the adorable baby photos we were taking.  Once I got started I was hooked and have been scrapping ever since! 

•What is something most people would not know about you?  
This year, after more than 25 years, I decided to go back to school!  I really wanted to try something new so I’m studying graphic design and loving it so much! 

•What are the 3 scrapbooking products you can’t live without?  
Wow this is such a hard question…but I think I’d have to say pretty patterned papers, stamps and my sewing machine!  You’ll find patterned paper and stamping on almost every project I do and I LOVE to add machine stitching too.  My project just doesn’t feel complete without a little stitching. 

•What do you love about the August Life Crafted kit?  
Where do I start?!  The June Life Crafted kit is just gorgeous!  I really love the beautiful papers that coordinate so well together.  The journaling cards and acrylic pieces are also really fun!  There is just so much to love! 

•Finish this sentence “If you could see my scrapbooking space now . . . 
After my scrapping session today you’d find a pretty mess that needs a good tidy up!  I like to try and keep things organised with everything put away in it’s place, but sometimes a little more creating time will take priority over the clean up! 










--------------------------------------------------------------------

For my project today I decided to do a traveler’s notebook spread.  I used the blue patterned paper from the Life Crafted Chasing Rainbows Kit for the first page and left the second page plain white for the background. 




My journaling was printed using my computer, then I cut it to a tag shape, machine stitched around the edge and added some twine from my stash at the top.  I added a die cut from the scrapbooking add on kit underneath and used a staple to help secure it. 



On the second page I positioned the photo with one of the acetate pieces tucked under the right side.  A die cut speech bubble was stapled to the top left of the photo and another cute die cut was added to the bottom right. 







Under the photo is a label that was stamped with “Live Inspired” from the Chasing Rainbows stamp set, and the large “Hustle” die cut.  I stitched across both of these pieces with my sewing machine for extra texture. 





You can see my process in the video below… 



I look forward to sharing another project with you soon! 






How can we not love what Sheree has created with our kits.   Just amazing!   Stop by Sheree's YouTube channel to check her process video, and don't forget to follow her on social media:




No comments:

Post a Comment