Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Guest Designer - INGUNN MARKIEWICZ



Hi there!
This month we also have the super inspiring INGUNN MARKIEWICZ as one of our guest designers.   She has created a new project using the Chasing Rainbows kit, and i am sure you are going to love  it.

-----------------------------------------------------------




Hi guys! For my second guest post here, I want to share a couple of different ways I approach highlighting photos in my Life Crafted albums. When we hike, my husband and I take a gazillion photos (it's like a sickness, but we can't stop). Once in a while, one of those photos turns out really lovely and also takes me right back to the moment. That's when I go BIG.



I printed my photo to 9.5 inches by 8.25 inches, cut it in half, and punched holes directly into the photo. I didn't want to distract too much from the photo, so I just cut down one of the 3x4 cards as my title and printed a little journaling spot from one of the digital printable elements. (The line around it was originally pink, so I recolored it in Photoshop to be turquoise instead.)




As a final touch, I stapled some of the acetate florals behind the cards. The flower behind the title cards is actually one piece, but I cut it in half so it could stick out on both sides of the card.




When I want to squeeze in a bunch of little photos in a spread instead of going big, I like to make a fold-out insert.


   

Here I cut out the sentiment from one of the 3x4 cards and glued it to the 6x4 floral card that I had cut down to fit the pocket. I used a 6x8 divided page protector with 4 3x4 pockets (this one is from Ali Edwards and the holes line up perfectly!) and folded it in half to create homes for extra photos and my journaling (happily, the back of the floral card was the perfect spot for my journaling - I love when I can use both sides of a card like that). I also added two of the chipboard circles to make it easier to open my fold-out.




To finish up my spread, I added acetate pieces wherever I could (I'm addicted to those things now!) and used the rest of the floral card in the bottom pocket to tie the pages together a little bit. 





Thank you so much for having me on and letting me do some crafty therapy with your gorgeous products!






WOW!!  These are just so beautiful and inspiring!  Thank you so much INGUNN for sharing your documenting talent with us.   Remember to follow Ingunn on Social media, you will love her work!!!


1 comment: