Friday, August 2, 2019

Life Crafted | Oh Happy Day Stamp Set


Hello CTK friends!  This is Patricia with you today to share a couple of pages using the Life Crafted album, protectors, and the new August Chasing Rainbows Life Crafted kit!


I am such a fan of CTK stamps!  So inspired by the possibilities of the Oh, Happy Day stamp set, I couldn't wait to play.  And, as always, I love the neutrals and the brights available in the Life Crafted kits.  For this spread, I went with neutrals inspired by the pattern paper from the kit.  Pulling grey, brown, light aqua, and orange, I started stamping out my pattern using the set onto smooth, white cardstock.


To get a more peach color in my stamping, I did a second generation (inking image, stamping, not re-inking and stamping again).  You can see this in the stamp image, the one with the lines.  I rotated that image for each line using orange and brown doing the second generation.  For the images with the aqua dots stamped over them, I used a paler grey color ink.  So much fun with this set.  I used the edge of my ink pad along the ink and ran it across my background in areas to create an even more vintage look, and then finished it with the chipboard pieces from the kit.

 

Lots of transparencies in this kit this month!  I combined one of those and the Ampersand Love cut file for this month to create my title.  For the Ampersand Love, I did an offset in the Silhouette software to back my cut file using the papers from the kit.  Finished the top with more stamping, transparencies, and the new embellishments from the kit!


The right side is heavier with pattern paper as my background.  I created a loose grid of small photos, and then filled in with journaling and embellishments.  I LOVE the digitals that are always available here at CTK.   I used the August Printable Elements with the Oh, Happy Life.  The digitals from the Oh, Happy Life have the same sentiments as the Oh, Happy Day stamp set, but I loved using them here, because I could make them fit perfectly within the printable elements.  It is great having both options.


In the kit, there is a 4x6 of labels, I detail cut that out, and used one of the Travelers' Notebook Stamp Set stamps to stamp "and we're off..."  I used the the Page Protector #3 for this side.  

Still inspired by the possibilities of the Oh, Happy Day Stamp Set and the vellum stickers in the kit, I created another fun background for my next Life Crafted entry.  This time, I went with brighter colors from the kit and focused on a bolder blue ink for some of the semi-circle images from the stamp set.


To create this look, I first trimmed about a 1/8" strips from one of the 4x6 cards from the kit that is double-sided.  I alternated both sides, adhering them diagonally across my page, stitched them, then added the stamping, the vellum stickers, and my title, which is inspired by the the Oh, Happy Day Stamp Set.


I opted to add some small photos to this page, but wanted the design to be seen and have the title be the focus on this page instead.


For my photo on the right side using the Pocket Protector #2, I added some stamping with Oh, Happy Day, but HAD TO use the Simple Words v.2 for sentiments!  This set had me LOL, and was perfect for how I feel about driving my little zippy car around.  I finished that photo with embellishments from kit, and an enamel dot from the July kit.


For the top 3x4 pocket, I just added my journaling and another transparent embellishment.  Super easy, but adds just the right color and texture to complement the rest of the spread.


Just two ways using the Oh, Happy Day Stamp Set.  I hope you love this set as much as I have along with this months kits, extra stamp sets, and digitals!  Please share your creations with us in our Facebook group here so we can comment and see what you are creating!  

No comments:

Post a Comment