Sunday, June 1, 2014

Meet Our Guest Designer Mary Ann Jenkins

Hello!! I’m Mary Ann Jenkins from sunny Southern California. I have 3 awesome boys, 1 sweet little princess, and a wonderful husband that are the subjects of many of my scrapbook layouts. I love recording the memories and stories we create in our everyday lives. I’ve been scrapping since 1987, and hardly a day goes by without some sort of playing with paper and glue. When I am not in my scrapbook studio making a mess, I enjoy: flea markets, spending time with my family, shopping for hours at Target, taking my camera everywhere I go and bracelets. A girl can never have too many bracelets! I’m excited to be guesting for Citrus Twist, and can’t wait to show you what I have created with their amazing kits!

 



 
1.  How long have you been scrapbooking and why did you start?
I’ve been scrapbooking since 1987 after hearing a commercial on the radio for a seminar about “learning to preserve family memories”. I went to the seminar by Shoebox to Showcase (later known as Creative Memories) and it sounded like fun!  A few patterned papers and decorative scissors later I was hooked and never imagined scrapbooking would become a passion or that I would have a room in my home dedicated to the hobby.
 
2.  How would you describe your scrapbooking style?
My style has changed over the years, but I think clean and simple best describes it. Sure, I like to add mist or paint splatters here and there, but for the most part my layouts are clean and simple.
 
3.  What scrapbookers have influenced you most?
Although my layouts looking nothing like theirs, a girl can still dream. My top 5 right now would be: Maggie Holmes, Mel Blackburn, Katie Ehmann, Natalie Elphinstone and Paige Evans.
 
4.  What is your favorite thing about kit clubs?
I love that I can open a kit and start scrapping right away! There’s no wasting time looking for papers and embellishments that mix and match, it’s already been carefully done for you.  All I have                      to do is grab my photos and get to work.
 
5.  If you departed on a week-long trip to Italy, what are your 5 favorite scrapbooking items you would bring with you (besides your camera and photos!)
I would probably be taking lots of photos in Italy, so I would need to have a stack of cardstock and a pair of scissors to get started, then to go along with all the maps and brochures I would be collecting each day I would want a little box full of sequins, wood veneer and flair. Oh, and the adhesive, I would borrow that  from the hotel concierge ;)
 
6.  How would you describe the Citrus Twist June's kit and what do you enjoy most about the kit?
Describing the kit can almost be done in one word: Amazing! From the custom wood chips and rubber stamps, to the sweet little bags of sequins and flair, I love it all!  It almost sounds like a cliché but I really do enjoy that everything is already mixed and matched and ready to go.

*********Reminder someone who leaves a comment for Mary Ann will be enter to win ONE of her favorite items!*******

Here is look at my craft space! 




Here is a sneak peek at what I have been working on using the June Main Kit!





Have a wonderful day!!

 

24 comments:

  1. Yay! I love your scrapbooking style Mary Ann! Cannot wait to see what you've created with this month's kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being a Guest Designer here and OMG can I move into your scrap space???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously cute layout!!! Love Mary Ann and her style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous Mary Ann! Love how you used the Pinks and Greens to go with your photos!! And your scrappy space is awesome!! Big congrats on the guest spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute page! Great mix of patterns and colors! Congrats on the guest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary Ann is awesome! Love the layout she created with your kit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Mary Ann: You rock the CT kit and congrats on guesting here. Love you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful scrapspace! And your layout is adorable. so cute! :)
    xo Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Mary Ann! Such a GORGEOUS layout! Your model is definitely a little princess! (Also looks a little mischievous...hehe!) Amazing crafting space!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful page and amazing scrap space! Just recently found your blog, and I'm now a follower - amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your work, Mary Anne! I hope we will continue to see your work! Your craft room is a dream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it interesting how we can love a certain scrappers style and be heavily influenced by them.... yet their style is, ultimately, nothing like our own. I love those custom stars... The little polka dots are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a nice layout! I love the little touches with the mist and the sequins. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mary Ann is amazing.. love the craft room pictures and wow this layout is adorable.. love those pictures.. so cute

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you all for the sweet comments, they are truly appreciated! Thank you too to Citrus Twist, I am honored and beyond excited to have the opportunity to guest design for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your space & cute layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. my favorite thing is the rubber stamp storage!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely LOVE your space. We moved last year and currently renting a house ... I can't wait to have my own "space" again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great layout with a wonderful looking kit!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely layout and gorgeous creative space!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's such a gorgeous layout, one of my very favorites! Your daughter is just adorable, those eyes! Your room looks amazing and I'd love to play in it. Thank you for the inspiration. Take care, Kim :)

    ReplyDelete