Wednesday, June 11, 2014

6x6 Paper Play with Melissa

Hi, everyone! Melissa here today with a quick and easy way to use the 6x6 paper pads in Citrus Twist's Pocket Life kits on your traditional layouts.

openroad_banner.jpg

Grids are one of my favorite layout designs, whether they're "loose" grids or more formal ones like the grid on this layout. I started by cutting pieces of patterned paper from the South of Market 6x6 pad in the June Pocket Life kit into 3x3 squares, and then I printed two photos at 3x3 and one at 3x6. When working with a grid I like to have some squares where everything is contained to the grid and some squares where a photo or embellishment runs outside the lines of a grid section.

DSC_8985.jpg

It was a happy accident that the printed chipboard frame from the Open Road chipboard (from the Main kit's Embellishment Add-On) sheet fit into one of the grid squares, and I used it as a place to hold my journaling. I've really enjoyed typing out my journaling for my traditional layouts lately and not just in Project Life, and I used a circle shape in my word processor (Pages on a Mac) to format my journaling, then removed both the outline and the fill on the shape before printing so that just the words would show up.

DSC_8986.jpg

For some squares I embellished with brightly colored chipboard pieces, but I wanted something a little more subtle in the space shown in the photo below. I used a stitching template to add a little camera to one corner of the square, and I liked the hand-stitched look that I decided to add a border around the whole page!

DSC_8987.jpg

Designs like grids that use lots of small pieces of patterned paper are a great way to use your 6x6 paper pads, and the best part is that you can totally change the look to suit your style. You can go clean and simple with a graphic look, get artsy with mixed media, or layer to your heart's content!

No comments:

Post a Comment