Saturday, June 14, 2014

Saturday Inspiration with Gina

Hi everyone, I'm here to share a couple of pages with you, created with the gorgeous 'Beautiful Life' main kit and a couple of items from the 'Day Tripping' embellishment kit. The main floral paper used here, made me think of vintage florals and was perfect for this funny pic of my daughter and her friend trying on what they call "granny florals" (or something your grandmother would wear) then taking selfies in the changeroom.. I've added some patterned paper squares down the side (after scraping a little white gesso over to soften the colours) then machine stitched in plain and zigzag for a patchwork effect..

IMG_1493_3

along with a couple of handcut stars, journaling, flair and chipboard arrow..

IMG_1473_3

to finish, I've added a few Studio Calico chipboard stars and stamping using the main kit stamp and "Bring it On" stamp add-on

IMG_1474_3

I've kept this layout quite simple, leaving quite a lot of white space, because I wanted to show off this beautiful white woodgrain cardstock, which has such great texture.. I really like mixture of white and cream together, along with mint, woodgrain and yellow. I've added a few paper layers behind the gauze and doily. A little machine stitching helps to hold it all down.

IMG_1484_4

IMG_1488_3
IMG_1486_3

I hope you're enjoying your kits as much as I am..happy scrapping!
Gina x

No comments:

Post a Comment