Wednesday, June 18, 2014

6x6 Paper Play with Jen...

Hello all! I'm sharing a layout today featuring an easy way to make use of multiple patterns from the 6x6 paper pad in the Citrus Twist Pocket Life kit on a traditional scrapbook page.

JenB_June6x6_1
If you love a number of patterns in a paper pad and can't quite choose, creating a grid of different designs is a great way to solve the dilemma and take the guesswork out of coordination. For my background grid, I simply cut six 2x3" rectangles, one from each pattern. Why 2x3"? I like to make my own journaling and filler cards from my paper pads, cutting two 3x4" pieces from each sheet. What I then have left is a 2x6" strip. This layout makes great use of those leftover strips!

I chose three that were primarily black and white, to play off my b&w photo, and three color prints. Rather than lining them up evenly, I laid them out in a slightly overlapping, tilted manner to add visual interest. Here's a closer look:

JenB_June6x6_4
I used a length of the baker's twine from the kit packaging along with pennant stickers from the PL Kit to "hang" from the top of my background.

JenB_June6x6_2
And, simply added a few other details with the Add-On Stamps, stickers from both the PL and PL Embellishment kits and a title cut with my Silhouette.

JenB_June6x6_3

No comments:

Post a Comment