Sunday, June 11, 2023

 



Hello Friends! Marci is here with you today.  I am very happy to share the Sunday sketch with you. Here is what we will be working with this weekend. 




The first thing I saw when I looked at this sketch was a pocket. I had the initial idea to make a large circular pocket on my layout and add tags with pictures and journaling inside. That is pretty much what I did. My final spread follows the sketch fairly close. 




My finished project is 8.5in x 11in in size. The first step I did was to print off a few of the digital paper from the LIFE IN MOTION Digital paper collection. I made a few adjustments to the papers in photoshop elements. I needed to resize the coral paper larger. I also changed the background color of the flower paper from blue to black to match my photos. That is the beauty of digital files. You can print them as is or adjust them as needed. 


Next I cut out two 7in circles and sewed them together on my sewing machine for added design and texture.  The next step was to add a title and embellish the page. I choose these two alphas sets from the shop, rose gold alphabet puffy stickers and sadie black alphabet puffy stickers. I like having the contrasting colors and fonts to bring more interest to my title.  The floral embellishments came from the Slow Days Die Cut Ephemera pack released a few months ago. Even though the florals came from another collection, the colors match the LIFE IN MOTION release perfectly! 



The final step was to work on my tags. I used plan white card stock to make three tags. Two are approxiametly 3in x 4in and the other tag is approxiametly 4in x 6in in size. I printed my favorite picture for the largest tag. I then added supporting pictures to the other tag. Using one of the digital LIFE IN MOTION journal cards (which I adjusted in photoshop elements to combine the exact sentiment with the color I wanted) I typed up my journaling. 

This was an extremely fun page to put together. I hope the sketch inspires you to make a project this Sunday. Remember, you can follow the sketch exactly or change it up anyway you like. I'd love to see what you create. 





No comments:

Post a Comment