Sunday, June 4, 2023

SUNDAY SKETCH with Nathalie

 


Hi there!

Nathalie with you today with this week's sketch challenge.  We love a good sketch around here, as it just helps to put a layout together in a short amount of time.   Let's take a look at this week's sketch:




And here is what  I have created using the new Life In Motion kit for my 6x8 Life Crafted album





As you can see I am using the sketch to create a part of my spread, then extended the look of it into a pocket spread.   




I stayed true to the sketch ( with just a few little modifications) for the right side of the spread.   I started with a 6x8.5in base, then used one of the new Life In Motion 3x4 Journal card to create the large vertical paper strip.  All the colors in the card made it easy to bring the rest of the papers for the spread.  I pulled one of the Travelogue'23 patterned papers as it matched the smaller photos of the day's story.  This was used as a layer behind the photo and along the vertical paper strip.




I pulled  more papers from Life in Motion to build the rest of the layout.  Then embellished the photos with pieces from the Life In Motion Element cut-apart paper.   The sketch calls for a large title, since I have lots of color in the page, I am opting for Sadie Black Puffy Alphas to complete this side of the spread.





I elongated the design featured in the sketch by pulling a piece of the horizontal paper strip (Life In Motion Patterned Papers) to create the small instax card that sits on the same level.



I decided to also create a second instax size card that mirrors the large vertical paper strip -on the right-.  The sketch features round embellishments, I borrowed this idea to tie the two sides of the spread. The circles from the Life In Motion cut apart elements easily brought two spreads together.





I hope this week's sketch inspires you to get creative!  I cannot wait to see what you create, remember to share with us what you have created, too!


XO




No comments:

Post a Comment