Monday, June 23, 2014

Simple Strategies with Gina

Hello and welcome to another simple strategies post..today I wanted to share a simple idea of using just a couple of strips of patterned paper as a top and bottom border. On this page, I've used the two South of the Market papers found in the Beautiful Life main kit. I've hand-cut a 12" strip from each sheet, then cut in half, alternating the patterns and attaching then with a couple of tiny fasteners. This idea would be perfect for using your 6x6 papers or even just one sheet of double sided patterned paper..

IMG_1478_3

For the rest of the page I've added some gauze and white cotton strands for texture, a little misting/watercolour effect, sequins, enamel dots, washi, flair and wood chip stars...

To finish, I've machine stitched through the title and layered paper embellishment and added stamping

IMG_1482_3

IMG_1481_3

Sadly, this is my last post as a Citrus Twist Design Team Member. I've decided to take a break and focus on finishing our house and garden for the next 12 months or so.. I'd like to say a big thank you to you the readers, amazing design team girls and last but not least Trina..these last two years designing with your beautiful kits have been an absolute dream!..thank you from the bottom of my heart ;) 

Take care and happy scrapping!
Gina x

No comments:

Post a Comment