Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sunday Sketch with our Guest Designer


It’s Mary Ann here with my take on the sketch challenge. When I first saw the sketch, my eye went right to the great sunburst pattern! 
 
It reminded me of the “Our Travels” paper in the kit that has a similar pattern, so that became my starting point. To make the starburst rays, I cut sections from the paper, then backed it with various patterned papers from the kit.


I added my die cut title in the same place as on the sketch, and then added all the cute star custom wood chips, the pretty blue washi tape, sequins, a few splatters of paint from my stash and the custom flair badge.



I love how a sketch can give you a starting point, and then you’re off on your own to create!

And remember, to play along with our sketch challenge, upload your layouts to our gallery by June 28th to get your name in a drawing to win a $5 gift certificate to the CTK store. When uploading to the gallery you can name it as you would normally but please include "Sketch 6/22".

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous interpretation of the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so so fabulous, I love how you went another direction with the sunburst.

    ReplyDelete