Thursday, August 8, 2019

Let's Get Digital with Kira


 Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with another 8.5x11 scrapbook layout focusing on some digital elements.  Here's a look at my layout for today:



One of my favorite things to do with digital elements is to use them in ways that they weren't necessarily intended.  While looking through some of this month's digital pieces, I fell in love with this floral piece (from the digital cut aparts):  



I'm such a sucker for florals, so when I saw this, I really wanted to turn it into a cut file.  So I imported it into my Cricut design space software and did just that! I sized it to 8" wide and cut it on white cardstock.



I used the lemon paper from the Life Crafted kit to back the flower portion of the cut file, but didn't have the just right color for the leaves.  But that's an easy fix when you're using the digital elements.  I just imported one of the Chasing Rainbows digital papers into Gimp, and colorized it to a blue-teal color that coordinates perfectly with the lemon paper.



I used white embroidery thread and stitched around the edges of my cut file using a simple backstitch.  Then it was time to start assembling my layout!  I adhered my flower directly to my grid background (paper from the add-on kit) and placed my photo to the right of the leaves.



I used the "hello" acrylic and "happiness" acetate as my title (both found in the LC kit).  And I created three embellishment clusters around my page using elements from both the LC kit and the add-on kit.  I finished the layout off with some black splatters and some typed journal strips.



I hope this has inspired you to get creative with your digital elements!  Thanks for stopping by!

Kira




No comments:

Post a Comment