Saturday, August 3, 2019

3 To Inspire With Theresa | Havin Fun!


Hello Lovelies, Theresa here with a 3 To Inspire! In this series we select three amazing products from this month's Chasing Rainbows kit and share ways to inspire you to use those products! 



Today we are going to create a simple and oh so fun mixed media layout, so hop on board! Here are your three products:

1. Let's get stamping! 
I am using the This Is Life stamp set called Oh, Happy Day. I was super inspired by the rainbow/half circle stamps in this set and I think you are going to love using them as well!

2. Acetate Pack!
I am slightly obsessed with transparent elements on my layouts, and the acetate pack in this month's kit are to die for! So let's get those out and use them up!

3. Vellum strips!
Same as the acetate pack, vellum also has a slightly translucent effect and we are going to use those to carry out our color palette in this layout!



1. Let's get stamping!
For my layout today, I began by painting simple polka dots onto my background using a few Heidi Swapp Color Shine paints and a polka dot stencil. Those painted polka dots become a sort of home base for the stamps and other embellishments on the page. 




Once the paints were dry, I stamped my images. Some are stamped on the inside of the circles, and others are stamped on the outside, however they fit. Some I only stamped a half, and others I stamped a full circle. It is entirely up to you and your imagination, just have fun!

2. Acetate Pack!
Transparent elements add such visual punch to a layout, but a question I hear often is "how do I attach them to my page?" For this layout I used my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher. You could also use stitching, if you like sewing! The key is to attach the acetate pieces in a way that either the staples don't show, or are a part of the design element itself.



You will notice on the half circle I stapled right along the line in the center of the circle. On the title piece, the word FUN, I stapled the word to the papers that are around my photo before I adhered my photo to the page. I also used a tiny glue dot underneath the heart. You can't even see it!




3. Vellum Strips!
The vellum strips are the perfect color to match my polka dot circles, so I have layered them around the page on top of their matching circles. These word strips help to share the message I want our daughter Emberlynn to know as she looks at her memories in her scrapbook. 


This has been so much fun to share with you today and I hope you will be super inspired to use these fun elements in this month's kit! What are your favorite items this month? I hope you will share your beautiful layouts with us, we would love to see. See you back here again very soon!











No comments:

Post a Comment