Saturday, August 17, 2019

3-to-inspire with Diane


Hi everyone, Diane here with another 3-to-inspire challenge for you! You can find this challenge here every Saturday for those who need a little extra creative push to get scrapbooking, to keep scrapbooking or for those who just like a challenge! Your take on this challenge can be a layout, Traveler's Notebook page or a pocket page spread and remember that you'll want to include all 3 prompts on your project.

Your prompts this week are:
  1. Try a dark background
  2. Create a banner
  3. Use some acetate
Here’s my take on this challenge ...


I decided to do my challenge in my Traveler's Notebook, which is just like doing a mini 12x12 layout really! The only difference is that I split everything down the middle so the book can fold when I'm finished.


I used a dark floral background, adding texture with some machine stitching and distressing, before lightening it all up with a banner pennant shape to house my photo and title.


Then I created another banner at the top using all sorts of embellishments and stitching and stamping.


I matted my photo with a coordinating patterned paper and then added more machine stitching. I used a Xyron machine to adhere my acetate pieces, I find that really is a great way to stick them down, but you could always stitch them or staple them too.


My final step was to add some white splatters on the background and some black splatters on my pennant. Then I needed to replace my photo after accidentally splattering all over my face! Tip: cover your photos when adding splatters!


Here's a look at the process this spread took ...



I can't wait to see what you do with this challenge so don't forget to post your layouts in the Facebook Fan Page so we can see!

No comments:

Post a Comment