Sunday, June 24, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Kira

Hello again friends!  It's Kira and I am back with a 12x12 scrapbook layout for the Sunday Sketch.

Here's a look at the sketch I will be using:



And here's a look at my finished layout:



I stuck fairly close to the sketch this week.  And I used mostly pieces from the PL kit, along with a few items from the main kit.

I started by trimming my photos down to 2.5"x2.5".  My youngest son is obsessed with splash pads, and lucky for him, we visit one every week at the farmers market we go to on Sundays.  I have so many photos of him just giddy with excitement as he plays in the water. I printed the photos in black and white since there were a lot of colors going on in the original photos and his shirt was red...which isn't conducive to the type of colors I like to use in my scrapbooking.  Lol.



Since I printed in black and white, I was able to pull in whatever colors I liked to my layout.  And the first paper that called to me was this blue and yellow floral in the PL kit.  Isn't it gorgeous?!  I cut a 1" strip to layer behind my photos.



I played off the blue in the floral print by bringing in this cornflower blue striped paper to layer behind each of the photos.

I was flipping through the PL cards when this speech bubble card jumped out at me.  I thought it would look so cute to use speech bubbles instead of squares, like the sketch suggests, so I fussy cut each of those out. 

I drew some squares on the right side of my layout with a pencil and then picked a matching blue thread to stitch over the top of the squares.  I chose a simple title, Fun, for my layout using the Wild Heart glitter Thickers.



I finished off the layout with some flower and heart ephemera from the PL die cut pack.  And it was complete after I added some typed journaling.



I can't wait to see how everyone uses this sketch!  Thanks for stopping by!

xo, Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment