Friday, June 8, 2018

Friday PL Challenge with Trina

Hello everyone, It's Trina here today with a little PL challenge that will work for our PL'ers, traveler notebookers and scrapbookers alike.

Here is your challenge with some prompts:

  1. Create a page or spread about home or a homecoming. (Have fun with this!)
  2. Make at least one embellishment cluster.
  3. Use at least one black & white photo.
This is what I came up with.


I decided to tell the story of two homecomings: one of our recent vacation to where I grew up (California) and, two, returning to our new home (Washington) afterwards and having a homecoming to our dog, Maggie.

I made these pocket pages and mini scrapbooking layout with elements from the June Cypress pocket life kit. The die-cut cardstock and other embellishments are a perfect go-to course for making embellishment clusters!


Here are some close-ups of two of my embellishment clusters. For me, these little clusters are joyful and fun. For the second cluster I used a page from one of my vintage book finds - an old 1947 guide named California: An Intimate Guide (score!). Since Cali is my home state the chapters and stories of California are perfect for adding a little vintage or junking up my pages. I cut one of the "High Sierra" pages down to journaling card size, adhered it to cardstock, then built my embellishment grouping on top of the page.



I built the mini 6" x 8" scrapbook page using a basic grid. Grids make layouts very easy. I also used my Brothers sewing machine to stitch down the grid squares and rectangles and made one of the squares my journaling spot.


What will your homecoming story be? We can't wait to see!


Happy weekend everyone.

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment