Thursday, June 7, 2018

Kit Love with Kira

Hey friends!  It's Kira and I have a 12x12 layout to share using the June "Cypress" main kit.



I started this page with these two adorable pictures of my youngest son.  Outdoor photos always turn out so gorgeous (even taken on an iPhone!) but ours tend to have lots of bright, primary colors due to the toys, along with our green landscape.  It makes scrapbooking with them a little more challenging.  But how perfect is that yellow pom pom trim for these photos?!



That pom pom trim served as my jumping off point for the rest of the page.  I loved the idea of wrapping it around my page so it could "hold" my photos in place.



The Elle's Studio bits and pieces helped me to plan out the rest of the page.  There were a few blue stars in the pack that worked perfectly with the blue in my photos.  I used those stars as inspiration to die cut some more stars from my Cricut, and also punching some smaller stars with my punches.  I added a tiny bit of adhesive to each star, and then machine stitched upwards from the pom pom trim towards the top of my page.



I used the Crate Paper Wild Heart Thickers for my title.  Sun + Fun perfectly described our day!  I added a few more pieces from Elle's Studio bits and pieces, sticking to the blue, teal, grey and yellow color scheme I had created for my page.


I pulled in some circular elements with the ES epoxy stickers.  So it made sense to sprinkle some of the Wander enamel dots around the page.



Thanks so much for stopping by!

xo, Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment