Thursday, June 14, 2018

Product Highlight - Pom Pom Trim


Hello everyone!

Nathalie and Anna back with you today with this month's product highlight.   If you receive the main Scrapbook kit, then you will find a large piece of mini yellow pom pom trim in your Cypress Kit.  Love all these little details that Trina is always adding to the kits, makes them unique and fun.   Well, let's start with Nathalie's project, as she combined the pom pom trim with a few elements from the kits to create a fun and super colorful layout.



 Hi there!

To create the colorful background, I pulled the stencil in the mixed media kit (I love this new add on kit!), and used a few shades  of ink (Distress Oxides) to blend over the stencil thus creating the impression of the background.   I made sure the yellow strip sat in the middle of the page,




Once the pictures were aligned on the paper (before gluing them down), i chose to back them each with papers from the Add on kit, and the patterned paper kit, so that the papers matched the colors where the picture will be sitting on the page.  Then glued the pom pom trim around the one sitting in the middle of the page.




Once the pictures were set on the page, I used pieces from the add on kit, embellishment kit and cut apart digital sheet to color block the embellishments around the pictures.



To bring more detail and repetition to the clusters, i chose to use the TN stamp to add a few sentiments were the clusters were placed.




For the title, i chose a piece of ephemera from the add on kit that matched the yellow strip of ink.    Before gluing it down, i made a small cut in the center of the right edge of the page, and folded the corners in to create a small peek-a-boo detail. Here i glued a bit of the yellow pom pom trim, and then backed the space with one of the papers from the Add-on kit that match the color of the pompoms.





Love how this turned out.  First I used multiple pictures (YAY!!), the background is inky and colorful, and the pom pom trim is the perfect detail to complete this page.  Just love this month's Cypress kits!!!

Now let's have a look at Anna's gorgeous project...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi dear friends!

Anna here to share my take on this month's Product Highlight. But first I want to say: Isn't Nathalie's page just amazingly beautiful? I love it! So much to love about it, that background, the colors, her use of the pom pom trim, everything - so good!

Well, here's what I came up with. Something much more "Clean & Simple" but yet colorful and fun, at least I think so, LOL! And I had a blast creating this TN-Spread.


At the very moment I got this lovely piece of yellow pom pom trim in my hands I knew that I wanted to use it like this on the edge of a paper sheet in my Travelers Notebook. You get one Travelers Notebook, as well as the pom pom trim, in the June Cypress Main Scrapbook Kit (along with lots and lots of other goodies of course).

And I've also used the absolutely awesome June CTK Spiral Notebook Edge Cut File on my piece of map patterned paper. It's so cool and I love it. So easy to use on your projects, not only in your TN's but on any other scrapbook project.


I did custom my "Broken Crayons Still Color - sticker" with one of the lovely epoxy stickers since the colors on the crayon sticker was'nt right. That's a great way of make left over stickers work.


I love these numbers by Elle's Studio. And who can resist these lovely "Here+There" black rub on words by Crate Paper from the June Embellishment Kit (unfortunately sold out). And as usual I've added a few stitches with my old trusty sewing machine.


Ohh! Look at this lovely piece of pom pom trim! I'm so happy how it turned out.
And also, I love this cute pic of my youngest son digging into some yummy cake, lol!


And don't forget these epoxy stickers by Elle's Studio, they are so shiny and delicious just like candy, YUM!
Can you spy the blue flower paper under my photo? That's one of the beautiful June Cypress Journaling Cards from the CTK store, love them all and you'll need them all, LOL!



Now it is your turn to put the pom pom trim to use.  We cannot wait to see what you create with this.  Remember to share your creations with us on the CTK Friends page on Facebook or on social media by tagging Citrus Twist Kits.

As always, let us know if you have questions on how these came together!

see you all soon!

Nathalie & Anna

3 comments:

  1. Both just gorgeous! I love those pom-pom's and how you both incorporated them!

    I think the way you colour blocked the ephemera with your stencilling was brilliant Nathalie! I will incorporate that into my own pages!

    Thanks for all the inspiration ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Kelly!! You are the sweetest 💕 xx

      Delete
    2. thank you Kelly, looking forward to seeing what you create!

      Delete