Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Tuesday Tutorial with Ashley

Hi friends, Ashley @magmagandme here. I am pulling out my watercolors & jumping right into my June GraceBox! Follow along as I show you a page out of my Journaling Bible.

The first thing I noticed when I opened the kit was the colors. GAH! They are beautiful & scream summer! My favorite pieces are the die cuts & the thicker heart stickers.

I dumped out the die cuts and found the perfect floral to jump start my page. Sometimes I have a paint tech or an image that I know I want to try next, or I just totally wing it. I love this floral and wanted to have more of it on the page. I decided to use it as inspiration for my background. I sketched out my flowers just like the die cut & used my prima watercolors to fill the background.



Since it is in the back ground I didn't need to worry about being neat or perfect.While I waited for the paint to dry (because if my craft room was clean I could have found my drying gun!) I looked at the other die cuts. I loved this fruit bunting but knew I needed to save it to go with the other fruit pieces. So I traced it on paper and tried to recreate it. 


Also during that time my mini me woke up & was excited that it was Bible journaling time. She quickly got out her paints & Bible. She is 5 and has a smaller journaling Bible with larger margins - perfect for kids. I helped her with the shapes of the flowers & walked through the colors with her. 
 She wanted hers to look JUST like mine.....

....and I would say she did a GREAT job!
Even at 5 she can appreciate using our talents to worship the Lord.
I outlined my flowers when they were dry, added more die cuts, a large sticker from the kit (luckily I had one in my personal collection she could use) and added alpha & heart stickers 
(all from the Grace Box Kit).

 You can tell I was supervising a wee one since my tutorial photos skip this part! 

The end result was beautiful & I got to spend artsy time with my little girl. 
It was a good, good day. 


I hope this inspires you to look for big background ideas from tiny ephemera pieces. 
Try using the colors or patterns or the image for your next background! 
 You'll find it ties everything in nicely! Happy creating!


No comments:

Post a Comment