Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Meet our June Guest Designer & Tuesday Tutorial with Tazhiana Gordon



We are so thrilled to share our June Guest Designer with you!  Tazhiana is an amazing artist that we've been admiring for some time and we're so excited to have her working with us this month!



Hi Citrus Twist Fam, and I am super stoked to be the guest designer this month! My name is Tazhiana Gordon and I hang out @preciselytazhi on Instagram - please come over and say hi! I’m 27 years old, and I’m currently juggling a full time job, nursing school, and being the best wife I can be to the most amazing man in the universe. In my free time, I enjoy playing with paper, making giant messes that never get cleaned up, telling stories and keeping memories. 

Q&A with Tazhiana

When did you start scrapbooking?

I started scrapbooking in 2016 - I discovered memory keeping by way of the snail community on instagram and I have never been more grateful for that! I didn’t know this was a thing but once I did, I jumped all the way down the rabbit hole.

What is something most people would not know about you?

 My Meyer-Briggs personality is ENFJ, and it is scarily accurate. i love asking people what their personality type is - I probably put more stock in it than I should but I really do believe it’s spot on!

What are three scrapbooking products you can’t live without?

Tombow permanent adhesive tape runner, a really sharp pair of fussy cutting scissors and my tiny attacher.

What do you love about the Cypress kit?

I love the mix of colors! I’m 100% over winter and I am so glad to be able to play with color and scrap bright photos again.

Finish this sentence - If you could see my scrapbooking space now..

You’d be surprised I can find anything! My husband calls is barely organized chaos and I’m constantly finding and losing and rediscovering things I forgot I had. My new favorite thing to do is go shopping in my craft space and make something with older products that need a liitle bit of love. 



On to Tutorial Tuesday - for this spread in my traveler’s notebook mini album, I decided to challenge myself to put a page together in 15 minutes. Sometimes, you want to be creative but there’s just not enough time in the day so I have been working on perfecting a quick and easy formula for a fun and impactful page that takes no time. The secret to it all - LAYERING! 


Adding a bunch of layers takes next to no time and makes a really simple layout look complex. When working with a kit, it’s even easier as all the papers coordinate and go together. First, I picked out a 3x4 journaling card that would work as a title for my page - saves time from fussing with alphabet stickers and stamping - and then used that card as my color palette. I grabbed four papers and glued my photo and the card down, then layered the papers around them.


The die-cut pack was chock full of embellishments so I picked a few of the ones that I loved the most and saved the rest for later.


Finally, I grabbed that blue and white striped paper to add some interest to the background, glued everything down, punched holes and called it good. I love the colors in this spread and how easy it was to put together!



2 comments:

  1. Love both your scrappy place and your mini album. So happy to see you as our CTK guest dt this month! Can’t wait to see more 😍😘 Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your TN is divine! The clever balance of color and pattern is SO good! Cant wait to see more from you, xo

    ReplyDelete