Thursday, June 28, 2018

Scrapbooking a Page About a Best Friend

Good morning everyone!

It's Trina here today and I'm sharing a page about my best friend. My challenge to you today is to scrapbook a page about your best friend.

Karen and I met when we were in middle school. We knew each other at school (she was the new girl at school) and one day an adorable little stray kitten wandered in the open door of our math classroom. That kitten bonded us (we were both determined that between the two of us we could convince one of our parents to adopt it) and we've been best friends ever since.

I worked in my usual trim size: 6" x 8" so I can tuck this in my 2018 PL album. The page needed a little something when it was done so I drew lines, squiggles and journaled along the edges of my layout. (Try this! It is fun.)


I started the page off using a tiny bubbles stencil (this stencil will be in the Citrus Twist Shop for July) and used some of Vicki Boutin's yummy acrylics to add paint to my page. (You'll want to check out our July Mixed Media kit for some of Vicki's acrylics.)

I grabbed one of Maggie Holme's Flourish papers and fussy cut the scalloped paper then layered it with an exclusive piece of paper from our June Cypress Pocket Life kit.

Next I worked with the remnants of my Crate Paper Here & There Envelope paper from the June Cypress Scrapbooking kit, trimmed them down and randomly arranged them in layers. Instead of glueing the envelope paper down I lay a strip of Crate Paper Wild Heart pattern paper horizontally over the arranged layers and stitched it all down with one little line of stitching. This was an easy peasy way to attach a biggish grouping of layers.


Here is a close-up of that stitching (and you can see the stencil I used peeking out to the left side of my photo).


After I stitched down a Fuji Instax photo of my friend I added bits and bobs of ephemera all around the photo, tucking some bits behind, stapling some bits on and stitching down others. The end result was a mixed media look that I love.


I love the little vintage-looking gingham "tape strips" that are in the June Cypress PL kit. I stitched one down below my title.


Here is one last close-up that shows some of my embellishing.


And...my finished page.


I can't wait to see a layout or page of one of your best friends! Be sure to share yours in our Facebook Citrus Twist Kits Fan Page.

xo,
Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment