Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Alpha love with Emma

Hi everyone!  It's Emma here to share a couple projects I've made using not only the amazing August kits but also some fun alpha's I picked up from the store this month. 

I can't help but pick up a little something each time - Trina always uploads those little extra's that you just have to have!  This month it was the Seven Paper, Amelia Gold Puffy Alphabet stickers.  The font is gorgeous!  Plus they're gold.  That alone was a good reason to get them :)

The first project I created was a layout.  I went big with my photo, it's almost a full 6x8.  I set the title at the top of the page to fill that big white space in the photo - the gold against the white makes it really stand out.




 
To fill the bottom of the page I just picked some paper from Paper Play #1 - I wanted to add some colour given the photo is quite bright.  The tag at the bottom is another shop item I picked up (Maggie Holmes/Crate Paper Ribbon set) then I just layered a few smaller pieces from the Main and Embellishment Kits.  (Oh, the gold dotted vellum I used at the top corner and the gold paper clip at the bottom both came from my stash!)

 
The second project I created using the alpha's was a card.  I'm trying to make more cards lately.  I mean I have all the materials I need, so why not?!  Seems crazy to keep buying them when I can make them.  Plus I'm lucky enough to have friends that actually appreciate hand made cards or want me to make them for them so they can give them away.  Lucky me :)


For this I pulled a few items from my own stash but the background paper is from the August Pocket Life kit.   On top of this I just added a scrap piece of the gold dotted vellum on top (left over from the layout!) then added my sentiment to a plain white tag, sewed them together and popped some enamel dots in black and gold to tie it all together!  Easy one :)


Did you pick up these the shop this month?  Would love to see your creations if so!  Remember to link them up in the gallery or share them on the Facebook page so we can all see :) 

Thank so much for stopping by!
 
Em

7 comments:

  1. Awwww!!!! OMG!!!! This is awesome!!! And that card is to kill for!!! SO pretty!!! THANKS for sharing:-) Hugs Anna :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those gold alphas......oh they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are Jessica! One of my favorites for sure :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These projects are breathtakingly beautiful x

    ReplyDelete