Thursday, October 15, 2020

WatercoloredChristmas Cut Files by Sarah Bargo

 


Hey paper peeps! Sarah Bargo guest designer here with a fun little technique I’d like to share with you! I am using my gorgeous “Sparkle & Joy” kit to document a Christmas cookie decorating party I hosted last year! It was so fun and festive, it matches the colors in this kit perfectly!


When I saw this gorgeous noel cut file with all the leaves cut out, I knew I had to create a fun page with it! One of my favorite things to do with cut files is take them and dip them into inks and paints to create a fun artsy watercolory look!


It’s super easy I hope you’ll try it! Grab your craft mat, a water spritzer, a little paintbrush,  your Tim Holtz Pine Needles Oxide Ink Pad, and your Tim Holtz Spun Sugar Oxide Spray!

For the Noel cut file, spray some of the Pink Oxide Spray onto your craft mat, then spray a little water into it to make it thinner. Dip your cut file in it in different places, and move the paper around so the drips and drops run all over the page. If you’d like it to move more, lightly spritz the ink on the cut file with water. Keep doing this until you get the look you want!



Then, die cut or hand cut some cute holly leaves. Smush your Pine Needles Oxide Ink Pad onto your craft mat, and spritz it with water. Using your little paintbrush, start applying the ink to the leaves in random places! You can dip them too if you’d like! Do this until you get the desired look you want!


When the leaves are completely dry, take your cute Citrus Twist Kits “Sparkle & Joy” stamp set and stamp directly onto the leaves using the same Pine Needles Ink pad! I used the cute “Jolly” word over and over!


Then after they are completely dry, staple your leaves directly onto your page, topping it off with a cute chipboard flair!



I thought it’d be funny to put a page behind the cut file and stick my funny face in the hole lol!


Here’s a look of the whole layout and the page to the left of it:


I just love these number cut files! I ran this 24 through my Big Shot with an embossing folder!


Here’s a look at the page behind the cut file, super simple with some of the darling puffy stickers in the “Sparkle & Joy” kit!



Thank you so much for stopping by, and I hope I’ve inspired you to get a little inky today!

Xoxo Sarah

 


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment