Saturday, October 3, 2020

Please Welcome Our Sparkle & Joy Kit Designers

Hello Everybody!

I am super excited to announce these lovely ladies who will be playing with and inspiring you with their beautiful Sparkle & Joy kit creations from tomorrow through mid-December. I thought it would be fun to roll their names out with a little Q&A. Here are the questions they were asked:

  1. If you could only eat one type of Christmas cookie this year, what would you choose?
  2. What is your favorite Christmas song to listen to you while you craft?
  3. What is the one embellishment you ALWAYS include on your Christmas pages?
  4. What holiday movie do you watch over and over again?
  5. What are three words that best describe Christmas for you? 

Sarah Bargo


  1. GINGER SNAP!
  2. ALL OF THEM LOL! I MAY OR MAY NOT LISTEN TO CHRISTMAS MUSIC ALL YEAR
  3. LONG....
  4. WHITE POM POM TRIM AND GLITTERY STARS!
  5. SCROOGED!
  6. MAGICAL, SA VIOR, HOME 

Krystal Becker

  1. I'm all about the traditional iced sugar cookie at Christmas, just make sure mine's gluten free. ;)
  2. I don't think I could pick a single song, but the album A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector is definitely on repeat at my house all season.
  3. Christmas scrapbooking is pretty much the only time I use glitter on my pages, so I make sure to use a lot of it.
  4. The Muppets Christmas Carol - my absolute favorite.
  5. Joyous Family Fun

Loredana Bucaria


  1. For sure I’d choose chocolate cookies! Me and my boys love them and I finally found the best recipe ever!
  2. I love all the Michael buble Christmas album together Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald songs.
  3. I always include stamps! I can’t consider a page completed without them!
  4. The Holiday that in Italian is L’amore non va in vacanza - I looove it - and The Polar Express! Love them! Every December I watch them!
  5. Family, Wonder, Joy

Nathalie DeSousa

  1. Polvorones ( walnut shortbread)
  2. This one is hard because I always return to classical Hispanic villancicos Christmas folk songs
  3. Vellum and anything shiny!!!
  4. Elf, and my kids are going to kill me because I say this - Arthur’s Christmas (PBS)
  5. Faith, Family, Memories

Vania Fonseca


  1. I would choose cinnamon cookies, they're definitely one of my favorites.
  2. I don't have a favorite Christmas song, but to get myself in the Christmas spirit while I craft, I usually search for a Christmas Playlist on youtube and listen to it during my creative time.
  3. I love die-cuts and stamps so I always try to include them on my pages.
  4. Home Alone. It ]s a classic and probably the one I watch the most in the holiday 

    season.
  5. Christmas for me is all about Family, Food and December Daily. ðŸ˜‰

Elizabeth Heinz


  1. Sugar cookie with LOTS of frosting 
  2. You Make It Feel Like Christmas by Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton 
  3. Stars, stars and MORE stars
  4. The Holiday with Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Jack Black 
  5. Quality family time 


Ashley Horton

  1. It's not a cookie, but it would definitely be Oreo Truffles, forme! 
  2. I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas
  3. Chipboard
  4. Scrooged
  5. Merry, Family, Food 

Danielle Menage-Jensen

  1. Gingerbread cookies—I'm completely obsessed with them, they just smell and taste like Christmas
  2. It's not Christmas unless I'm fussing cutting along to Wham! and Last Christmas. I have to watch the music video too, George Michael's massive 80's hair is a must-see
  3. Sequins - Christmas pages ALWAYS need sparkle
  4. The Muppet Christmas Carol - I have to see Rizzo the rat in his little top hat
  5. Fun, Festive, Frolics 

Nadia Meyer

  1. Hard to decide because I really love, love Christmas cookies. My favorites are the cinnamon stars (perhaps it is only known in Switzerland) or the ones my aunt always makes. She is Italian and I love her "Turdilli Calabresi". Delicious.
  2. I do not listen to music while crafting, but I love the Christmas albums of Elvis Presley and Michael Bublé. Also Elvis Presley's Gospel songs are amazing.
  3. Stars, I can't live without them.
  4. I rarely watch movies, but if I had to choose it would be Three Wishes for Cinderella.
  5. Family. Magic. Joy.

Lorilei Murphy

  1. If I could only eat one type of cookie (what a sad thing) I would choose a sugar cookie with icing!
  2. I don’t usually listen to music while crafting, but if I did it would be Michael Buble’s Christmas album on repeat!
  3. I almost always include a snowflake, I just love the shape and the layer of white!!
  4. We always watched The Sound of Music at Christmas when I was a kid!
  5. The three words that best describe Christmas for me would be - lights, rest & family. 

Neela Nalam

  1. Christmas M&M cookies 
  2. Last Christmas by Wham! 
  3. Sequins
  4. Home Alone
  5. Family, Holidays, Festive 

Patricia Roebuck

  1. Grinch cookies with pistachios and cranberries!
  2. Step Into Christmas by Elton John
  3. Confetti type embellishments like wood veneers, sequins, punched pattern paper.
  4. Elf
  5. Joyous, Reflective, Magical 

Amy Jo Vanden Brink

  1. Sugar cookies! I love sugar cookies with royal icing, and I would trade them (in cute designs of course) for almost any other cookie!
  2. I don't usually listen to music while I craft as my job is teaching music, but guaranteed this December the song I will listen to most often is Jingle Bells! If I had to pick a favourite song though, I would pick The Christmas Song by The Raveonettes.
  3. I LOVE chipboard, and this year's chipboard circles are awesome because they are all exactly the same size! So perfect on the front and the back of a transparent piece.
  4. Too many to count! I usually start the season with The Holiday but will always watch Christmas Vacation as well.
  5. Family, Joy, Fun 

Trina Craig

  1. Snowball cookiess! We have been making these my entire life.
  2. My favorite Christmas song is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, by Frank Sinatra.
  3. Cut files cut from white paper, especially stars!
  4. It's our family tradition to watch Home Alone 2 each Christmas Eve, but my favorite Christmas movies is Love Actually.
  5. Family. Traditions. Joy.

              No comments:

              Post a Comment