Monday, October 12, 2020

Sparkle & Joy with Patricia

 

Hello CTK Friends!  It seems like this year coming to a close soon and it will interesting to document December this year.  I'm so thankful to be documenting it with the gorgeous Sparkle & Joy kit!  Before December comes, I love to take my time and create with the kit contents with techniques, even stamping, anything that can take time, so that when December comes, I can be inspired to work on it in the evenings.  The first technique I did was to use the We R Memory Keepers Button Maker along with the pattern paper from the kit.  Once you get the hang of this amazing tool, it doesn't take long to create, and how nice to have my own flare ready to use.  

My idea for these buttons is to use them on the cover of my Peacock Life Crafted Album.  I think they will just pop off the cover.  I created the three different sizes available, and will decide when time to adhere to my cover if I will use the large flare with the stamping or not.  I do have two other buttons with stamping, so I may leave it to just those two.


My next technique for preparing is using the kit cards with the Nuvo Embellishment Mousse.  These are going to give my album the magical feel I love to show and express in my December album, and will be ready to just decide which day to use them on.  


I used the Christmas Icons Cut File.  I cut and trimmed the bell to use as a stencil.  For the holly leaves, I cut them twice, once from pattern paper and the second way by altering it in the Silhouette Software to offset it and cut from white cardstock to use as a stencil.


For the star ornament with the poinsettia, I used it as a stencil for the inside part and a mask for the outside part.

I didn't discard the cut file for the star ornament, it was too pretty!  I am going to reuse it on another card I used the branches to stencil onto.  I love all the greens with that font in red on the card!

And here is a video showing you how I made my buttons and the cards!  Hope to give you some ideas to get ready for December with Sparkle & Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment