Thursday, October 1, 2020

Hybrid Layout with Ashley Horton

 

Happy October 1st friends!!  It's my favorite month and time to document my favorite holiday...Halloween!  I was super excited to see the Halloween Digitals that are available for October and knew I could combine them with some of the products in the October Flourish Life Crafted Kit, to create a fun, Halloween layout!


I started my layout in Adobe Illustrator.  I like to "design" my layout first in Illustrator and get a feel for what I want the finished project to look like.  And, that way I already have my Digitals set up and ready to print.  I used one of the designs from the TN Page Basics Collection for the background on the left side of my layout.  It was perfect for adding my photo and then a few embellishments to complete the page.


I decided to pair the Wood Grain paper from the Flourish Kit with the TN Page Basics page that I printed out, to add some contrast to the layout.  Then, I started working with the fun Halloween digitals.  I arranged them in Illustrator, to figure out where I wanted them placed on my finished layout.  I love using the digitals, because you can change the size or take bits and pieces from them that you want to use.

While I was working with the Halloween Digitals, I decided it would be fun to add some vellum elements to the layout, also.  I opened up the PNG version of the Halloween cut file and printed them out on a sheet of vellum.  Then I placed them over some of the printed digitals and attached them with my tiny attacher or with machine stitching.


I hope you'll pick up the Halloween Digitals from the Citrus Twist Shop, and that you've found some fun ideas today, for using them on your own projects.  You can combine them with the Puffy Stickers from the Flourish Kit, to bring some dimension and texture to your layout!




No comments:

Post a Comment