Sunday, October 25, 2020

Sparkle & Joy with Amy Jo

 

Merry Christmas!  Too soon?  Never too soon in my books.  I'm so excited to share with you a page from my December album set up that features the Sparkle & Joy kit.

My plan is to collect all of my holiday recipes in one place, and to give it that retro blue/red kitchen vibe (made easier by the fact that all of my kitchen supplies including my mixer are red!).  I started making a list of all the recipes I wanted to include, and then I started tracking them down.  Several were in a box in my craft room, and others I needed to get from family members.  My father-in-law sent me this one, and as it was in his handwriting, I wanted to include that in the album as well, so I scanned it and resized it to fit in one of the vertical 4x6 pockets.

I love the little embellishments included in the kit, and found a spot for some puffy stickers, a label, a piece of ephemera, and even a chipboard circle!  I was able to include a lot of embellishment and really establish my color scheme while maintaining the function of the album that I'm going for.
For those who aren't familiar, Oliebollen are a Dutch treat that is often made on New Year's Eve.  They are kind of like a fritter (that's the closest thing I can think of) but smaller and better! (In my opinion).

I've also got a video of my process to share with you if you want to see it all coming together!

Thanks for joining me today!






No comments:

Post a Comment