Sunday, October 4, 2020

Preparing for Holiday Documenting | Nathalie DeSousa


 Hi there!

Nathalie with you today to start documenting the jolliest of the seasons, Christmas!  While Trina finished designing the Sparkle and Joy Kit, we got thinking how it would be so nice to have different designers work with the kit, and shared ideas with you all.   Well, I get to kick off this new series that will inspire you to get your Holiday memories in your Life Crafted albums.


I started by creating the first cover for one of my albums.  For this, I used the Countdown cut file,  a bit of mixed media, and one of those beautiful gold puffy stickers.



My choice of an acetate sheet for the covers has two purposes, for one it is clear and let's you peek into the album, and also creates the illusion of the stars and numbers floating on the page.


One of the pages that is always included in my December albums is a sort of manifest /reasons why.   This time, I decided to encase the journal in a gate-fold style page for my album.



I used the Dividers cut file to create the card, then combined one of the papers and some vellum for the story.  Here I added a title and sentiment by combining the Sparkle and Joy  stamp set and the True Life Stamp set.  The following video will show you how this came together:


I hope this inspires you to document your December Stories with the Sparkle and Joy kit.   

XO



No comments:

Post a Comment