Sunday, October 18, 2020

Documenting Christmas Past with Guest Designer Neela Nalam

 


I am so excited to be guest designing for Citrus Twist Kits using the Sparkle & Joy kit. With this kit I have decided to make a December Memories album. I am using the Sea Glass album and love the contrast of the colors against the color of the album cover. So I want to collect the memories over the past multiple years in this album. As a family, we have some of our favorite memories happen during this time of the year.

 I made a bunch of pages of my kids baking cookies and building the ginger bread houses over years. I wanted to add a bunch of gold in these pages and to achieve that I used some gold cardstock and the gold stickers from the kit.



For the intro page, I used an 8x4 tag from the shop as the background. I modified a digital journal card and wrote my journaling on it. For more details on how to use the digital journal card, watch the video.


My next couple of pages are photos from 2013 and 2016. I took very different approaches to both. For the left side, I just used one black and white photo, a label with a gold sticker and the date and a strip of gold paper in the bottom. On the right side there is more going on. I have a bunch of 2x2 photos and I modified some digital journal cards and tags to fit in the 2x2 pockets. I love the explosion of color. I also added some gold stickers to these cards for dimension and sparkle.


 My next pages are from 2017 and 2018. The left side is like the previous page where I used the digitals in the 2x2 pockets. On the right side, I am using a different sized pocket it page. It contains 4x3 pockets. I have fewer photos but very cute ones because my boys are now with their little baby cousin. I backed the 3x3 photos with 4x3 white cardstock and used a few sentiment stickers and gold stickers to complete them.


 

The photos for the last page are from 2019 and this page is also very similar to the previous one. I tried to use the same patterned paper and gold cardstock like what I used on the first page on some of the pages to try and keep them cohesive mainly due to the variety in the photos.



I love the color and the sparkle this kit added to my photos. I hope you enjoyed looking at these pages. Do watch the video to see how these pages came together.


XO,

Neela



 

No comments:

Post a Comment