Friday, October 9, 2020

Meet Our October 2020 Guest Designer: ASHLEY RODGERS

 


Hi there!

We are so excited and honored to welcome our October 2020 Guest Designer, ASHLEY RODGERS.   A  few months ago, we discovered Ashley's Instagram account and quickly fell in love with her soft and romantic sense of style.  Her layouts speak of her love of art and love for her craft, that we just had to invite her to work with our FLOURISH kit.  By the end of this post, you are going to love her, too.  So, I let Ashley take it from here....


Hello, everyone! My name is Ashley and I live in Virginia. I’m an artsy-craftsy girl obsessed with vellum and pretty florals, and I enjoy documenting the little things that make life grand.

 Q&A with Ashley

 ·  When did you start scrapbooking? I started scrapbooking special family trips around 2005, but it wasn’t until my grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s a few years ago that I realized the importance of documenting everyday life and getting my stories told. I discovered Ali Edwards’ pocket page style projects in 2017, and I have been enjoying it ever since.

 

·  What is something most people would not know about you? Most people would not know that I was born in Germany. My dad was in the Army and we moved to the US when I was still a baby, so it is a dream of mine to visit one day.

 

·  What are the 3 scrapbooking products you can’t live without? Three scrapbooking supplies that I can’t live without are patterned paper, acetate/transparencies, and my Canon Selphy printer.

 

·  What do you love about the October- FLOURISH Life Crafted Kit-? I love all of the floral-patterned papers, and the positive sentiments in the stamp set and the tiny word phrase stickers make me smile.

 

·  Finish this sentence “If you could see my scrapbooking space now . . .”  Everything is nicely tucked away. I have one rolling drawer unit that holds all my scrapbooking supplies and a storage bench that houses all my albums (finished and unfinished). I only keep one project out at a time, and right now this Goldenrod Life Crafted album is giving me all the Fall feels.

 


----------------------------------------------------------

 


 Hello! I am so excited to be a guest designer this month! The October Flourish Life Crafted Kit is so perfect for the season I am in right now. My one little word this year is “tend”, and the patterned papers and embellishments in the kit inspired me to create a mini book dedicated to it.

 


I love this patterned paper so much! It’s super sweet and subtle, so I immediately knew I wanted to use it for the cover. I feel like it sets the tone for the book and its contents – calm and full of grace.

 First, I cut the 6x8 patterned paper down to four 3x4 cards and used one for the cover. Then, I layered a few die-cuts with a little foam tape to add some dimension. The blue-green puffy alphabet stickers add the perfect pop of color for the title.

 


 I decided to document five things I’m learning from my word this year, and the 3x4 cards in the kit provided ample space for all my journaling. On the right, I used one of the journal cards and made sure to number it with a puffy sticker. I like to keep things simple with minimal embellishing.

 


 On the second page I added a 3x4 photo of some flowers around the house, and I used another journaling card on the right. When I begin a project, I always start with my photos, so I chose cards from the kit that I knew would coordinate well.

 

 I used a die-cut from the ephemera pack to number the page in the top right corner, and I used one of the word phrase stickers to emphasize my journaling above it.



On the next page, I had a little fun with the October 2020 This is Life “Ready for This” stamp set and created my own journal card. The repeated stamping technique is simple but effective, and I embellished it with a die-cut number three. On the right, I used another journal card accented with a tiny word sticker.



Here, I used a journal card on the left side of the page and added my photo on the right. I wanted the photos to be a resting place for the eye, so I let them be without any embellishing. I like how the puffy number sticker stands out on the page, but isn’t too distracting.





This mini came together fairly quickly because I repeated the same formula for each page. I love the color story and the cohesion.

 


On the last page I made another journal card using the tiny heart stamp from the 4x6 This is Life “Ready for This” stamp set, and I added the Flourish Life Crafted kit quote card on top as a final touch.

 I love making mini books, and this one is especially dear to my heart. I hope you are inspired to create your own now. Stay well!


-----------------------------------------------------

 

We are in love with this mini Ashley has created with the Flourish Kit.  Make sure you leave her some love and check her creations in her Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/sweetashleyann/

Ashley will be back with a few more projects throughout the next few weeks.  WE cannot wait to see what she creates next.  Thank you, Ashley!



 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment