Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Simple Monochromatic Documenting with Nathalie

 




Hi there!

Nathalie back with you today with a few ideas using the new October kits.  I mean there are so many beautiful goodies included in the Flourish Life Crafted kit, Add-on kit and of course all those Digital files!  Well, when you do daily documenting, then you are always looking at ways to add variety to your pages in simple and quick way.  So, I decided to go simple and  monochromatic for a few of my entries.



Not all days are good, but there is good in every day... Which is the best way to describe this layout.  I started by enlarging the photo to fit the Life Crafted layout.   Since the picture has so much white space, and a hint of blue, I decided to play with the color and pull cards and elements that will complement the color.




I printed one of the digital TN patterned paper on vellum so that it adds transparency to the page and help conceal part of the story ( one mess is enough for show!!).  I wanted a bit more is the color, and decided to print one of thedigital PL cards smaller and cut a circle around the sentiment.



I just matched the circle with one of the cut apart elements and created the little flap from the vellum paper.    To finish the page, I used some of the cut apart elements and matched the color of the puffy alphas to the blue tone  on the page.



For the other side of the pocket page, I decided to follow the same design idea, but chose to focus on a major color amongst small pops of other complementing colors.  Once again, I enlarged the picture and printed my lines of journal on a PL Digital card.



I used the left over vellum to create my title card, and used a die to create the heart puzzle die cut from a paper in the Flourish kit.  I used the True Life Stamp set and October Traveler's Notebook to create the title by stamping the sentiments on white cardstock, fussy cutting them, and then gluing them onto the die cut.  A few enamel dots in just bring the little pops of the other colors.



To finish the page, I cut a few more puzzle pieces (using the same die  -Technique Tuesday) and used with some of the labels and cut apart elements to create a cluster at the bottom of the picture.   

I just love how easy this came together, in a such a small amount of time and with colorful (monochromatic) results!  Remember to check the kits, stamps, Digital files and all the exclusive embellishments available in the Citrus Twist Kits shop right now!

XO,




No comments:

Post a Comment