Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Pocket Page Challenge with Shannon

 

Hey there, friends! Shannon here with a pocket page challenge. I used the October 2020 FLOURISH Life Crafted Kit and the Ready for This add-on stamp to create this page. The rich shades of teal in this kit really caught my eye so I made them the focal point of this page. I added a bit of pink and yellow as accents to pull it all together.


If there is one thing that I love incorporating into my pages it's layering. I used a piece of the 6x8 patterned paper from the Life Crafted kit cut down to 3x4 to create the background for this card. I wanted something neutral and this pattern worked perfectly! I started with the "us" tag from the Life Crafted ephemera pack and then built from there. I pulled a pink striped ticket and a pink label and layered them up. I used a stamp from the Ready for This set to repeatedly stamp "today." I did it without re-inking to get the faded look. I still felt it was lacking, and I wanted to add some more yellow to the page, so I added a yellow puffy star and a yellow puffy heart. They made the perfect finishing touch! Plus, I always try to add things in groups of odd numbers because I find it more pleasing to the eye.


I added a sentiment from the Ready for This set to the "make this a priority" card. I love that the stamp has the same font - and the sentiment is perfect for something I'm trying to make a priority! I added a paragraph-style list as my journaling. It sums up some of the photos on this page, which are all made of little moments. To add a little more color, I added a couple enamel dots in that great pale yellow that matches the heart already on the card. They're added strategically to create a visual triangle and help guide the eye around the card.


Stamping on photos has become something I find myself doing more and more. I really enjoy adding stamps to white space. I know it sounds scary, but just go slow and try not to press too hard - that's when you run the risk of the stamp slipping. Good quality ink is also key. I like archival ink because it makes a good impression and dries quickly. I used the Flourish stamp set for this sentiment. On the card above it, I added some puffy alphas to add my own title. I knew that I wanted to use that arrow so I placed it first, without adhesive, and then I journaled around it.


Finally, we have the currently list card. I absolutely love currently lists. In fact, I keep a running note in my phone with a weekly currently list so I can look back at any given week and see what I had going on that week. And how cute are the illustrations that accompany each prompt? The pink writing on this card is what inspired me to add pink to this page. On the photo next to it, I added a label ephemera from the Life Crafted kit. I used the Flourish stamp set on the top and then filled in the next two rows. A pink enamel dot helped me ground the label and add a little more pink.


Thank you for spending some time with me today! I hope you're ready to dig into your kit and work your magic. I can't wait to see what you create! 



No comments:

Post a Comment