Monday, October 26, 2020

More with our Guest Designer - Ashley Rodgers

Hi there!

We are so excited to welcome Ashley to our blog with a new beautiful project featuring our Flourish kit...  



Hello! It’s Ashley back again with a layout in my Life Crafted album. With Fall finally in full swing, I was inspired to document the leaves changing colors where I live.

 


 On the left is a photo I snapped while walking around my neighborhood. On the right is a transparency I created using one of the Fall digital cut files, and my journaling is underneath it. I just love the look of a full-sized photo, and the TN page from the basics digital collection balances it out well.

 


 I had a lot of fun playing with the digital cut files this month. Here, I used a leaf from one of the Fall cut files to make a repeated pattern on transparency. First, I isolated the leaf image and repeated it multiple times while alternating the direction of it. Then, I re-colored the leaves green, orange, and red to represent the way the leaves change in the Fall. Finally, I printed the pattern on a transparency sheet and cut it down to fit in the album.

 

 

When using a basic Inkjet printer, I recommend changing the printer settings from plain paper to glossy/transparency film. Also, printing a fast draft will reduce the output of ink and prevent smudging.

 


The great thing about digital files is that they can be used over and over again. I’ve been using this TN basics page throughout my album to make it more cohesive.




I typed all my journaling in the center of the page and left some room for embellishments before printing it out. For the title, I stamped the word “change” on a label from the kit and popped it up with foam tape to add some dimension.

 


At the bottom, I numbered the page with a puffy sticker and stamped one of the sentiments from the October 2020 Life Crafted Traveler’s Notebook stamp set to sum up my journaling. I then layered a die-cut underneath another puffy sticker to finish the page.

 Thank you all for joining me today! I hope you found a bit of inspiration, and I can’t wait to share more projects with you in November. 




We love Ashley's soft and delicate Life Crafted layouts, and have asked her to join us throughout November, so she can continue inspiring you with her designs.  You can see more of her work on Instagram...  https://www.instagram.com/sweetashleyann/  

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment