Sunday, October 4, 2020

Sunday Sketch with Krystal

 


Hey everyone! This is Krystal and today I'm here to share this week's sketch challenge. Let's take a look at the sketch.


I loved all of the stitching and the pocket, and you know I love those layers! Here's my take on the sketch.


I stuck pretty close to the sketch for my layout, with only a couple changes. Instead of a second photo, I added a tag and some embellishments. I also decided to stamp on the tag and add my title below it on the pocket I made from one of the vintage book pages in the Scrapbook Add-On Kit.


The little ephemera piece with the house on it was perfect for this story! I added it and another ephemera piece from the Scrapbook Add-On to hold some hidden journaling inside the pocket. For my title, I mixed a word from the Marigold Thickers and the alphas from the kit. I love the way they nestle together. 


I created a little embellishment cluster on the tag I used in place of the second photo. I added a phrase sticker from the Life Crafted Kit to finish it off. I love this vellum and gold floral piece! 


At the bottom of the layout I layered a couple strips of paper and added some stitching. I used a label from the Digital Cutaparts to add my date, then finished off this cluster with a couple of puffy stickers and some stamping. 


I also added a little more stamping underneath my title. I used one of the stamps from the Flourish stamp set and only partially inked it so that I could stamp it in two lines to fit onto the pink dotted paper. 


And that's my layout done! I'm so glad that I was able to both document this story and create a beautiful page with this month's gorgeous Scrapbooking Add-On Kit! I hope you'll try this sketch out for yourself, and be sure to tag us if you do!

You can see my entire process in the video below.

Thanks for stopping by! I'll see all of you back here soon!










No comments:

Post a Comment