Saturday, March 21, 2020

3-to-Inspire with Ashley


Hello everyone!  It's Ashley, and today I'm here with my first Design Team Blog post!  I've got a fun 3-to-Inspire challenge for you, based on my new Traveler's Notebook layout using the March 2020 "Weekender" Kit.  This challenge is a fun way to get those creative juices flowing and give you some ideas for using your Citrus Twist Kits.  You can create a layout, Traveler's Notebook layout or pocket page spread using the 3 prompts.  Just make sure to use all 3 prompts on whatever project you choose to do.

Here are this week's 3 prompts:

     1.  Use multiple photos - 3 or more
     2.  Cut your 6x8 papers into smaller shapes and incorporate them into your project (for example:
          small squares, circles, hexagons, etc.)
     3.  Mix Chipboard Stickers, Exclusive Die Cut Pieces and Puffy Heart stickers

Here's the Traveler's Notebook layout I created for the challenge, using the March "Weekender" Life Crafted Kit.


I loved all of the 6x8 patterned papers included in the March "Weekender" Kit and wanted to find a way to incorporate them into my layout.  I decided to trim the papers into 1.6 inch squares and use them to create a grid background.  Once I had the papers arranged and adhered the way I wanted them, I used my sewing machine to stitch along the edges of the squares horizontally and vertically.


This grid design gave me the perfect spots for adding my photos.  We went to Disney World in February and they had some beautiful painted butterflies in Epcot for International Festival of the Arts.  I snapped a photo of each of the kids in front of the butterfly they picked out and wanted to have them all on one layout.  This design provided me with a visual triangle that worked great for placing the photos.


Once I have my basics in place...background and photos...it's time for my favorite part of creating a layout - adding the embellishments!  There are some fun ticket shapes in the Exclusive Die Cut pack that fit just right in the square shapes I cut for my background.  I added those first and then decided on some other pieces I wanted for the layout.  I chose the cute speech bubble from the Chipboard Stickers and also placed a couple of the Puffy Heart Stickers.  I love to create a variety of textures on my projects with embellishments from the Kits.


My finishing touch for the layout was a die cut title.  I used the words "good" and "life" from the March 2020 Digital Stamp Set.  I wanted the words to be a little bolder, so I opened them in my Silhouette Studio Software and added an Offset to get the thickness I wanted.  I cut the title from White card stock so it would add a nice contrast with the patterned papers in the background.

Thanks so much for stopping by the Blog today!  I hope you'll join in the 3-to-Inspire challenge and have fun creating with the prompts.  You can share your projects in the Citrus Twist Facebook Fan Page, and I would love to see your take on the challenge, so make sure to tag me when you post!


No comments:

Post a Comment