Friday, March 27, 2020

Life Crafted | Patricia



Hi, Everyone!!  Hopefully by now, everyone is enjoying their March kits!  I'm back on the blog today to share a couple of entries in my Life Crafted Album using the kit, stamps, and cut file!



My daughter took awhile to get into Harry Potter...just a little too scary for her.  We could only get to Chamber of Secrets.  But this past December we were able to watch all of the movies together as a family...now I'm hoping she will want to read the books I saved for her in hardcover!  I found these images by doing a Google search.  They are the DVD covers but they were small enough to print and fit into the new 2x2 page protectors!



All I added to them was the gold puffy alphas from the kit to the outside of the page protector, numbering each story in the series!  I knew I wanted the Currently screen cut file to be a focal point to break up the photos of the series and journaling.  I went with grey to help blend in with the photos, and then added repetitive stamping with the new Weekend Life stamp set!  To add just a bit of color, I added a cluster of kit contents to the screen cut file.



My journaling page peeks through the screen.  I picked this pattern paper from the kit for two reasons, the color was a little more of a contrast but not too much, and the houses!!  I loved those images also on the Weekend Life stamp set.  Perfect to document these movie nights we had in December.  I used the Weekend Life stamp to stamp the tabs, then used the puffy gold alphas for the main three characters.  I used the stamp from the Weekender kit to add to each tabbed image.  



I didn't want this page to be too heavy with the heavy colors from the photos and the grey screen cut file.   I used a chipboard from the kit over Harry, and then used the digital files labels to type my journaling on the computer and print, so they would be small enough.



Staggered the journaling in between the stamping clusters.



So happy to have this documented in my Life Crafted album...my next Life Crafted project uses the March kit that was on Social Media earlier in the month on the 3rd showing how this came together.  But wanted to show the photos of the project here as well.



I focused a lot again on the Weekend Life stamp set and the March Traveler's Notebook stamp set.  Using the stamps and the kit die cuts and embellishments, I created a fun layered tab look at the bottom, and the post-it notes above it, filling in with stamping and embellishments.



Always a fan of the 3x8 cards in the kit, so used it as a divider.  The saying went perfectly with my selfie!  I just added stamping, die cuts, and puffy stickers to it on the front.



On the back of it, I added a die cut and chipboard.



For the page under it, I added more of the stamping, die cuts, chipboard, puffy hearts, to create a grid above my photo.




You can see the step by step of how this came together here on Instagram in my Tutorials.  Thank you so much for stopping by, and love what I am seeing in our Facebook group!

No comments:

Post a Comment