Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Pocket Life Challenge with Amy Jo Vanden Brink

Wow!  Time to get those photos in the pockets everyone!  One of the best ways to do that is to get your photos printed!  I like to work ahead and print on a weekly basis so that I never get behind, then when a new kit arrives on my doorstep I can fill in the gaps with my favourite pieces.

Challenge: Get photos ready in advance of the new kit arriving!

If you already have photos ready, good for you.  I'm going to show you one of my Pocket Page spreads that was ready and awaiting photos when my March kit landed (so the photos are from February, I don't usually find there is much problem in matching up the photos from one month to the kit from another.  Especially when the theme is so easy like this Weekender kit!)

I had a variety of photos ready to go here, and when I'm working like this, the thing that makes it easy for me is to pull one or two colors from the new kit out.  Here you can see I grabbed the yellow and the pink (so easy as they are my top two colors!) and then some small pieces to support those colors (tags, chipboard arrow).

If you struggle to find enough cards or pieces in the right color scheme, you can always fill up a blank white 3x4 card with one of the larger tag pieces, or as in the bottom right corner on the next page, you can cut down some of the 6x8 papers to make smaller cards.  Adding the large circle makes it look like it was a card that was designed to look like this, but it was two separate pieces.

The next step for me is to find small sayings or sentiments that can further tell my stories, or even just a small embellishment to make the page feel finished.


Thanks for joining me today!  I hope this gets you putting photos in the pockets of your own albums!

No comments:

Post a Comment