Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Pocket Life Challenge with Lisa Varshine

Hi friends! So, I've only been memory keeping for about three years. These past few years I've experimented with different formats: travelers notebooks, traditional pages, mini albums. I love all of them...but pocket pages are my jam.
This week, I want to challenge everyone to get more words on their pocket page spreads! These albums are so special to me. They tell the story of our daily life. Photography is a passion of mine and I take countless photos, but without words, my albums would be missing so much of our family's story.
For a long time, I only included typed journaling in my album. I was able to include longer stories in less space and the clean look really appeals to me. But, lately I've really seen the value in including my handwriting for my kids to see as the years pass. So, on the left side of this spread you can see I've included a journaling card with a few embellishments and some hand-written journaling. In the bottom right 4x6 pocket, I created a custom photo strip with room for a few sentences below the photos. 
Looking at the right side of this spread, you can see I used the digital files included with the kit to add typed journaling. I fell in love with the "It's Just a Phase" card from the kit, but instead of 3x4, I really wanted to use it at a 4x6 size. After a few simple modifications to the digital file, I turned it into a home for a really long story. I love how it turned out. 
To finish off the spread, I used another 4x6 digital file to add a few details about our current weekly routine. As always, I love the colors in these kits. I also love the variety of designs that really give you options to include journaling in your pocket pages. I hope you got a little dose of inspiration from these pages! I can't wait to see what y'all create with this awesome kit!




No comments:

Post a Comment