Thursday, March 5, 2020

Pocket Pages Using the Add-On Kit with Shannon



Hello crafty friends! Shannon here with my first post as a part of the CTK Design Team. I'm excited to show you how I take the scrapbooking add on kit and use it to create a pocket page spread.


As a lover of pocket pages, I often find myself staring longingly at traditional scrapbooking supplies wishing I could use them in my pockets. Now, I wish no more! With a little creativity, you can take traditional supplies and make them work for you. The March Scrapbooking Add-On Kit is so full of color so I let my photos guide my color scheme. It just so happens that yellow-orange is a perfect match for my daughter's hat! After I had my photos and supplies picked out, I started on my journaling cards.


For my title card, I chose a section of the color sampler 12x12 paper that had all the colors I wanted to use in my spread. I created the title using the word "life" from the die cut pack and those amazing copper alphas. A little heart (from the March WEEKENDER Life Crafted kit) and a flag from the die-cut pack was all that was needed to pull this card together.


Next, I used a ton of flowers from the floral die cuts and layered them onto a piece of yellow-orange cardstock. The package came with so many flowers that I'll be able to use them on several more projects! I kept them mostly black and white with just a few pops of color. I wanted the visual interest of a lot of flowers but it's important to give the eyes a place to rest.


Finally, I pulled a tag from the die cut pack to create a journaling spot. I went with a more neutral striped patterned paper to cut as the background for the card. The note tag was a little too tall for my 3x4 pocket but since this is the front of my page protector it's okay if it sticks out a little. After writing out my journaling, I finished it off with a few puffy butterflies making their way up the note tag.

My last step of most pages is adding embellishments. The embellishments on this page are a mix of both the March Scrapbooking Add-On Kit and the March WEEKENDER Life Crafted kit. I love that the kits mix and match so well with their wide variety of colors.


I hope I've inspired you to use the March Scrapbooking Add-On Kit to create your own pocket pages. I'm looking forward to seeing your creativity at work!




No comments:

Post a Comment