Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Fun With Foldouts

Hi friends! I'm thrilled to be here sharing my first project with the Citrus Twist Kits Creative Team. Today I've created a spread for my Life Crafted Album. All of the products here are from this month's gorgeous March Life Crafted "Weekender" kit. I'm using the new Fir Green album and my plan is to create an individual album for each of my kids, Ava and Ben. Here's a look at my first spread for Ava's album:

The idea for this spread really started with the "It's Basically the Best Part of the Week" journaling card. Every Tuesday, Ava has musical theater with her best friend Emily. The girls have taken dance together since they were three (the upper left 3x4 photo). They are both seven now. I'm also extremely close to Emily's mom. So, really, that class is often the best part of the week. 

I actually took this picture of the girls together last week and I was surprised at how great it turned out. They were both being so goofy. Ava's a little blurry, but this is totally them. I turned this photo into a foldout to provide a space for some journalling. 


This foldout was really easy: I simply printed two copies of the same photo and cut the second photo in half, securing it with floral Washi on both sides. I used a few of the stamp phrases because the sentiments were a perfect fit for this story. Also loved adding the heart stickers. The tab die cuts were functionally perfect and each of the sentiments also worked so well.

One of my favorite details from this spread is the little title I created with the gorgeous gold puffy alpha stickers. I thought that were beautiful against the black and white of the photo.



I am head over heels in love with the Life Crafted album and I can't wait to get more spreads in these albums. Thanks for letting me share this with y'all. I can't wait to see all the gorgeous projects you guys create with this month's kits, stamps, and add ons!


No comments:

Post a Comment