Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Memory Planning with Krystal


Hi everyone! Krystal here with another project using the gorgeous Weekender Life Crafted Kit. For this project, I'm working in my 2020 Creativity Journal, which is a place for me to document my creative journey using the memory planner format.


As usual, I started with my photos. I had six photos to document this week, so I spread them out on the pages based on the days they were shared publicly. 


Next I went through the remaining supplies in my kit. I chose a few items I knew I wanted to include and based my color scheme around them. Then I pulled other elements from the kit to coordinate with them.


Before I glued anything down to the page, I decided to add some stamping. I used the Weekender stamp set, the This Is Life "Weekend Life" stamp set, and the Traveler's Notebook stamp set, and created clusters of stamping around the page using inks from my stash that coordinated with my color scheme. I really love how all of the stamping turned out!


Once the stamping was in place, I could start making some final decisions about my embellishments. I decided to mimic the stamp clusters by also creating clusters of embellishments around my photos and in other parts of the page. I layered multiple die cuts and used my circle punch to add bits of the patterned papers from the kit as well. 


I also added a few pieces of chipboard and some of the beautiful puffy hearts for dimension and texture. Because I'm keeping these pages in a three-ring binder, I don't have to worry too much about how thick the finished pages end up being. 


As always, I tried to work in elements of three, or other odd numbers. So I included three pieces of the dark teal floral paper and three pieces of the yellow tonal paper as well. I find that things always look more balanced to my eye when I use odd numbered clusters. 


I mixed in pieces from both the die cut ephemera pack that came in the kit and the digital cut-apart sheet you get as a subscriber. I love that this sheet gives us even more options. It all coordinates so well! 


Of course, to give the whole page a finished feel, I added some hand-drawn doodles around the clusters I had created. I love the little bit of whimsy this adds to my spreads! 


You can see how the whole page came together in the process video below: 



I hope you found some inspiration for using your kit. Thanks so much for stopping by! Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment