Sunday, February 2, 2020

Sunday Sketch with Kira


 Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with another Sunday Sketch!  I am using the February Life Crafted Kit and working in my Life Crafted album.  Here's a look at the sketch I am using today:


And here's a look at my completed layout:


I have been starting every layout in this album with journaling, some of my journaling is a story I am telling to Folsom (my dog who passed away, and who the album is focused on), but a lot of my journaling is a letter to someone whom the story relates to.  In this layout, it is a letter to Hobbs, my dog that was a few years older than Folsom, who died a few years back.  I typed out the letter on white cardstock and cut down to 4.25x8.25. 



Then on the reverse page, I stuck fairly close to the sketch.  I had one photo of Folsom, sized at 3.5x3.5.  I used some patterened paper from the LC kit, and placed my photo tilted on the paper.  Instead of a label, I used the die cut bird as my embellishment. 




I used some more patterned paper as the bordered strips on the layout.  And I used some machine stitching to add some texture. I also brought some of the strips of paper to the journaling page, since I had about an 1" of white space at the bottom of the page. 



I wanted to include a photo of Hobbs dog to the layout, so I printed out a photo that would fit in the die cut frame.  Then I adhered that on top of a journaling card that I punched to fit in the LC album



Thanks for stopping by!  I can't wait to see how you use this week's sketch!


xo, Kira


No comments:

Post a Comment