Sunday, February 9, 2020

Sunday Sketch with Patricia


Hello lovely CTK friends!  Today is Sunday Sketch, and I had such a blast using this sketch as a jumpstart for my next story in my Life Crafted album.


I always look at the layout of the sketch.  This one is vertical, and then I notice the layers/details. For my project today, those are the elements of the sketch I focused on.  Here's how I made it my own using the February Add-On kit.


I did some fussy cutting of the numbers from the pattern paper from the Add-On kit.  I wanted to use the 125 to represent the date, Jan 25, for Chinese New Year.  I also wanted to incorporate the Starbucks Year of the Rat card into my design based on the sketch.  Using all of these elements on one page was too much.  I saw this as a way to get creative with more layers using the brand new Life Crafted Adhesive Page Strips


After peeling the white strip to reveal the adhesive, I pressed my numbers into place (on the back of it), then after creating a punched border from pattern paper from the kit, I adhered that next.  I added a few embellishments from the kit to finish my new layered divider!!  These strips are my new fave!!


Although I knew I would use the Starbucks card, I kept that color in mind, pulling in the green pattern paper as a beautiful complement to the red, and the back side of the pattern paper from my divider works in beautifully as well.  To help tie that pattern paper divider into my full-size page, I fussy cut flowers and leaves from more pattern paper from the kit.


Drawing inspiration from the sketch, I trimmed a lighter piece of green pattern paper to place above the Starbucks card.  I used the Paw Prints Heart cut file, removing the paws so I could use just the heart.  I backed that with the same pattern paper I used from the divider to continue building on the vertical design of the sketch.  After adding my photo, I wanted to add more layers from the sketch, by adding embellishments from the add-on kit.



Lovely choices of die cuts, chipboard and puffy embellishments to add texture and color from the kit!


After focusing on inspiration from the sketch for this side, I quickly filled pockets for the left concentrating on keeping the pockets simple to balance the heavier layered right side.  I used a combination of the Life Crafted Possibilities kit and stamp set with the add-on to finish these pockets.



Thank you for letting me share our family tradition of celebrating Chinese New Year every year using the gorgeous Add-On and Life Crafted Kits.  The sketch really was a time-saver to put this together!  Would love to see what you create in our Facebook group!

1 comment: