Monday, February 3, 2020

MEET OUR FEBRUARY GUEST DESIGNER - ASHLEY HORTON



Hello everyone!
We are so happy to share our February Guest Designer with you  - ASHLEY HORTON!  We are fans of Ashley's love for color and clean lines, and love everything she creates.  But before we share what she has created with the Possibilities kit, let's get to know her.

----------------------------------------------------------





Q & A with Ashley

·  When did you start scrapbooking?
I started scrapbooking in 2006, when our daughter was born.  I thought it would be a fun way to document photos, rather than doing the typical baby book.

·  What is something most people would not know about you?
I love bagpipe/Celtic music.  Most people find bagpipes annoying, but I LOVE to hear them!!

·  What are the 3 scrapbooking products you can’t live without?
Wood Veneers, Clear Stamps and Chipboard

·  What do you love about the February Life Crafted kit/ Life Crafted Album?
The February Life Crafted Kit has a fun mix of products and can be used for a lot of different themed projects.  And I love that I can create outside the page protector or add my pages to the various page protectors that come with the Life Crafted Album, if I choose to.

·  Finish this sentence “If you could see my desk now . . . “
You would think I’m hard at work…but it probably just needs to be cleaned!





------------------------------------------------

When I opened up and looked through the February Life Crafted Kit, I was so excited to get started with it!  I love that the products can be used for various themed layouts.  The notebook patterned paper and wood grain patterned paper jump started the idea for this layout in my Traveler’s Notebook.




I started by cutting a heart shape in the center of the notebook patterned paper and then backed it with a bit of the wood grain paper.  Then I stitched around the edge of the heart to add some texture.  I debated what I wanted to do in the center of the heart and decided on adding my title there.  I used the AMAZING It’s All About the Numbers Stamp Set.  I LOVE THIS STAMP SET!  You will notice, I used it a few more times on the layout.




For my photo, I chose to document a cute one of our doggie Baxter.  He is a pro at naps!  I changed my photo to black & white and sized it to fit across the 5 inch span of my patterned paper.  Before I printed the photo, I typed in “I” and “Naps” in a typewriter font to coordinate with the It’s All About the Numbers Stamp Set.  Then, once my photo was printed, I placed a heart sticker from the Puffy Stickers sheet in between the words.




Once I had my photo in place, I felt like I needed another patterned paper to separate the photo from the wood grain paper.  I cut a thin strip of the heart patterned paper and then used a notebook punch to give it a fun look.  I also decided to add another strip of the heart paper on the left-hand side of the layout, to give it some balance.




I finished my layout, by going through the embellishments in the February Life Crafted Kit.  I used some of the die cut pieces, and Puffy Stickers to create a visual triangle on the layout.  And here’s a fun tip – when you’re looking through the die cut pieces, if there’s something you may not use as is, cut it up and just use part of it.  I did that for the Keepin’ It Real phrase at the top of the page on the left side.  I wanted another word phrase there, and I thought it worked out perfectly after I cut it from a larger die cut piece.
Thanks so much for stopping by today to check out my project.  I hope you found some inspiration for using the Possibilities Life Crafted Kit!  I’ll be sharing more inspiration later this month, and make sure you’re visiting the Blog and Instagram to see how the Design Team is using the Kit!






-------------------------------------------------

Thank you Ashley for the beautiful layout and sharing a bit of you with all of us.  We are so lucky to have you as a guest this month.  Remember to stop by Ashley's Instagram feed to be amazed by her pages.

XO


1 comment: