Wednesday, February 26, 2020

February 2020 Life Crafted with Nathalie & Trina




Good morning everyone! Nathalie DeSousa and I are here today to share some of the projects we've been working on with the February kits.

Nathalie DeSousa

Hi there!  Cannot believe that March is around the corner.   Before we move onto our new kit, I want to share with you a few of the daily entries i have created using the POSSIBILITIES kit and some of the new goodies at the shop in my Life Crafted album.



The starting point of this page was the lovely 4x6" card.  I just loved the framed space in the card, and used it to add my lines of journal.  The new Insert Adhesive Strips are so perfect to add pages, ephemera, etc to the album without having to create the perforations to the page.  I simply trimmed a bit of the strip to fit the card ( i saved the pieces for a later use) and slipped the typed card in the album.



I used the soft orange paper from the kit to create my layout.  I simply backed the picture of our Saturday night dessert with vellum and add it to the page.  I wanted to keep the page simple but festive, so i decided to create a banner/bunting with all the small flags and ephemera pieces from the POSSIBILITIES kit... so i stitched them to the top of the page.



I just added a few extra stamping sentiments from the Traveler's Notebook Stamp set and then completed the page with enamel dots.  Now, i had the blank space of the card to work with, so i set to create a second spread in my Life Crafted album.



I cut the 3x8" card to back the picture of my Book-loving daughter and then glued it to the back of the card.   I added a few embellishments around the picture (literally tied the small tag around the picture!).




Since i wanted to make the word "read" the focus of the page, i chose the new 2x2" inserts.  This time, i used the Digital PL Cards to print enlargements of two of the floral cards -same as the one behind the picture-.  I sized the white card -originally a 3x4"card- so that i could cut two 2x2" squares from it.



I stamped the word using the Spencer Alpha stamp set in black ink on the color background and set it on the center squares.  This time i hand wrote my lines of journal in the lower right card, and embellish the pockets just with a few stickers, enamel dots and  ephemera. 

Just loved how easy these came together.  I hope you are also using the POSSIBILITIES kit to document your days! 

XO

------------------------------------------

Trina Craig

I'm finally starting a mini in my new Fir Green Life Crafted album for a recent girls' road trip along the central California coast. It was so much fun to drive the coast, hang out with my best friend and all along the way we took lots of breaks and photo opportunities PLUS I collected a lot of ephemera on the trip. (The gold metallic alphabet is from our soon-to-be revealed March WEEKENDER Life Crafted kit.)

Here is one spread made with the February 2020 POSSIBILITIES Life Crafted kit.


I tucked a postcard of an old color reproduction photo postcard between the page with the big photo and the page that is a mini scrapbook layout. I'm placing pages loose inside my album and the trim size for these pages is 5" x 8.25" - the perfect size/way to showcase 5" x 7" photos and to whip out fast mini layouts.


Here is a close-up of the back side of the postcard. Typically when I go on vacations I like to pick up postcards along the way to add journaling and help tell the story. The brand new Adhesive Page Strips couldn't be more perfect for adding ephemera like this postcard. I curved the foam phrase sticker to fit on the page so it didn't hang off the edge. The photo is a little 2"-wide pic that I set up sized and printed using the Print to Size app on my iPhone. (With this app you can size your photos up or down and arrange them on your photo paper however you want. It's a hand app!)


Here is a real close-up of the Adhesive Page Strip . . . they tuck in just perfect and allow me to free float inserts like this postcard. Your barely see the strip when it's in your Life Crafted album and adds so much versatility that I know you are going to love using them. (I trimmed the adhesive strip down and saved the bits I trimmed off to use on other small inserts.)


Here is one more layout I made with the February POSSIBILITIES Life Crafted kit. I used an old photo of me when I was about 5 years old.


I hope you enjoyed our shares today. We can't wait to see what you create with our February kits.

Nathalie & Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment