Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Pocket Life Challenge with Sheree


Hello friends!


It’s Sheree here on the blog with you today with a new pocket life challenge!  I love creating pocket page spreads in my album as they contain lots of random things that happen in everyday life that you wouldn’t necessarily create a scrapbook layout for but you still want to remember.  They are so much fun to look back on!  I’ve created this two page spread featuring the February 2020 “Possibilities” Life Crafted Kit.




My challenge for you today is to include a flip-up on your spread.  It’s a great way to include more photos and journaling and adds a fun, interactive element to the page!


Before I show you my flip-up, lets go through what I’ve included on the first page of my spread.




The “Take Nothing For Granted” card I loved just the way it was so I simply added into the pocket.  For the photo of the cactus flower next to it, I added a die cut label and stapled it into place before adding a little puffy yellow heart from the puffy sticker pack.




At the bottom of this page I stapled another die cut to the corner of the photo.  I then printed out some journaling and added it to the lightning bolt card.  I stamped “This Story” from the February 2020 Life Crafted Traveler’s Notebook Stamp Set onto some plain white cardstock, cut it out then adhered it above the journaling before adding some stitching with my sewing machine.


For the top half of the second page of this spread I added a label to the bottom of the photo, then added a staple.  To the right is the digital version of the “A story worth telling” card which I added journaling to in Photoshop before printing.  I then added a line of machine stitching and two staples for a little texture.


At the bottom of the page I typed up some journaling on my typewriter, then cut them out to add to the “1, 2, 3” card and stitched each piece into place.  Next to this card is where you’ll find my flip-up!

Our kids got into trying the broomstick challenge when it went viral recently and had a lot of fun with it!  On the top photo I used the word “YES!” from the foam sticker pack, then cut out one of the cut-apart labels, folded it in half and stapled it to the side of the photo as a little tab for lifting the photo up.  It helps to let you know there’s more to see under the top photo.


Under the top photo is another digital version of one of the journaling cards from the kit this month.  I added my journaling before printing, adhered it to the back of the top photo, then used some washi tape from my stash to create the hinge of the flip-up.  I only used washi on the outside, but you can also add washi on the inside of the flip too if you want to add more stability.  I added a die cut star to the top of the journaling card and another die cut and chipboard piece to the hidden photo.


You can watch my process in the video below...




Here’s another look at how my pages turned out.


I hope I’ve inspired you to include a flip-out or two on your next spread!  Thank you for joining me on the blog today!

Sheree


No comments:

Post a Comment